How To Register For MTN Mobile Money In Ghana.
MTN Ghana after rolling out Mobile Money service in Ghana, has helped Ghanaians to keep money safe and conveniently — without the need to worry about carrying huge sum of amounts when moving along.
But now, the service is accessed by a lot of people in Ghana that are using the mobile network (MTN Ghana). Today, if you want to make a transaction easily, fast and the convenient way, there is no mobile money service that will come in mind than MTN Mobile Money.
It’s important that you follow the MTN Mobile Money registration process to get your full mobile money wallet for everyday transactions.
Requirements for MTN Mobile Money Registration
To register for MTN Mobile Money account, you will have to provide some documents and details for validation. These information and documents are;
- Valid ID Card (Voter’s ID Card, National ID Card, Passport or Driver’s License)
- Date of Birth
- MTN Phone Number
How To Register MTN Mobile Money in Ghana
- Visit any nearest MTN Mobile Money Authorised Agent with a valid ID Card.
- The Agent / Merchant will capture your personal information and register with your MTN phone number.
- Wait for some minutes to receive an SMS asking you to register.
- Go to “My MTN” on your mobile phone and select “Mobile Money”
- Select “Register” and enter your ID Card type and ID Number.
- Enter your preferred Mobile Money PIN code and repeat.
- MTN will now send you a welcome message to confirm your registration
How To Register MTN Mobile Money Online
MTN Ghana has made is simple in such that, you can now do MTN Mobile Money Registration online. You only need to have access to your mobile phone number for confirmation. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the official portal, MTN Mobile Money website
- Just click on register
- Enter your user name which is your mobile phone number and PIN code
- Follow by entering the captcha displayed
- Input the One Time Password sent to your mobile phone
- Create a password that you can recognize or write down the one given to you by MTN Ghana.
- Repeat the password in the third space and click on continue
- Authorize web access from your phone by dialing *126*1#
Despite registering for your MTN Mobile Money account online, you can also register using MTN Mobile Money app to access your Mobile Money account. This Mobile Money App can be used for all MTN Ghana services when downloaded.
MTN Mobile Money Code
MTN Mobile Money code in Ghana is *170#. Despite the general MTN Mobile Money code, MTN Ghana has several short codes for their Mobile Money service platforms. You can check out these from here: MTN Mobile Money Short Codes In Ghana.
How To Deposit Money On Your MTN Mobile Money Wallet
You can deposit money onto your MTN Mobile Money easily. Just walk to any MTN merchant and tell inform the merchant you are making deposit. Provide your MTN mobile money number (MTN number) and mention the amount to deposit. You will then receive the money into your mobile money account after handling the physical money to the merchant.
Advantages of Using MTN Mobile Money
MTN Ghana brought the mobile money service to solve a lot of our financial problems in terms of holding physical cash and the stress to go bank for making deposit or withdrawing cash. Some of the advantages of MTN Mobile Money in Ghana are;
- Helps you access free cash anywhere you are. Once you’ve registered for MTN Mobile Money, it’s very easy to use. You can seamlessly send and receive cash wherever you are.
- MTN Mobile Money is safe and convenient. You only need your MoMo PIN, no one can withdraw your money without your authorization. Also, when you make a “wrong” transaction, you can still call MTN call centre and it will be almost immediately solved for you.
- You can easily link your bank account and withdraw from any available MTN.
If it happened that you are facing any challenge during your MTN Mobile Money registration process, please do not hesitate to call MTN customer care on 100.
Note: Always make sure you know your MTN SIM Registration Status because when you misplaced your SIM Card you used to register for MTN Mobile Money, you will be asked to provide same details that match with your SIM card’s status.