How To Renew Your NHIS Membership Card Using The Shortcode On Any Mobile Phone in Ghana.
With this good innovative as part of the government’s digitisation of Ghana’s economy, there’s no need anymore to join that endless and stressful queues at limited NHIS centres to renew your NHIS membership.
Not only this, a lot of digital initiative have been implemented of which some to talk of are; the Universal QR Code And Proxy Payment System To Enhance Digital Payments launched by the government, the registration of DVLA online, the ECG Mobile App that enables customers to buy pre-paid credit online, the online passport registration and more.
This article solely points to how to go about in renewing your National Health Insurance Scheme Membership using a shortcode via your mobile phone.
What you should know about the NHIS Renewal
The renewal is valid for a year. You will need to renew it every year. You are encouraged to renew your membership a month before it expires to get uninterrupted NHIS coverage.
If you fail to renew your membership 3 months after it expires, and you try to renew it later, it will take up to a month for your NHIS status to be active.
NHIS Renewal Charges
- Ghc 6.00 – Below 18 years (Children)
- Ghc 28.00- From 18 years – 69 years (Adults)
- Ghc 6.00 – 70 years and above (The Aged)
- Ghc 6.00 – SSNIT contributors (with active cards)
Things NHIS Members can do:
- Check Policy Validity
- Renew Membership
- Check NHIS Medicine List and
- Check Benefit Package; by dialing the NHIS short code *929#.
How to Renew your NHIS Membership
- Dial NHIS renewal code *929#
- Select Option 2 to Renew Membership
- Select Option 1 NHIS card
- Enter your 8 digit NHIS card number. You will find this number on your Membership ID below your Date of Birth
- Enter the NHIS number again to confirm it
- Press Send
- Now follow prompts to pay using your MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money or Vodafone Cash
How To Check The Status Of Your Renewal
- Dial *929#
- Select option 1, Check Validity Scheme
- Choose option 1, NHIS CARD
- Enter your NHIS Membership Number
- Repeat your Membership Number
This will show your card status — whether active or not and also indicating your start and end date for your NHIS card.
Despite using this shortcode for NHIS renewal, this is also compatible to be used for the Ghana Card after successful registration across the country — Ghana.
Never give your Mobile Money PIN out nor display it in public. Call the NHIS call Center on 054-444-6447 OR 030-274-6447 or shortcode 6447 on the MTN and Vodafone networks respectively.
This is how simple it is to on How To Renew NHIS Membership On Any Mobile Phone In Ghana — as we urge you to kindly share this post across various social media platforms and also follow us; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more.