This is an interesting article on How To Hide Your Phone Number When Making Calls on MTN In Ghana.
MTN Ghana has been noted as the commonly used mobile telecommunication network across Ghana with their interesting mobile offers such as; bundles offers, call offers, cheap data offers, MTN free call offers, cheap broadband bundle offers and more. The MTN CLIR/SO is not a free call offer on MTN though, but serves as an offer for those willing to hide their phone numbers when making calls.
Unlike those days, whereby someone calls us with ‘Private number’ — and we tend to panic to answer that call as quickly as possible thinking it might be an international call.
A lot of people wished they could stay anonymous when making calls — for one or two reasons yet to mention further below.
Reasons Why Some People Hide Their Phone Number
These are some of the reasons why some people might hide their phone numbers when making calls on MTN Ghana;
- To surprise friends
- To surprise spouse
- For investigation purpose
- For prank
- For privatization (No disturbances)
It wasn’t easy in earlier days, to make your phone number private or to hide your phone number — but now, it’s very easy to hide and unhide your phone number when making that special calls, and this service from MTN Ghana allows you to call someone with a service called MTN CLIR/SO.
It is very interesting to see that, this offer costs GHS2 every month. Check below for more guide on how to activate and deactivate this offer.
How To Hide Your Phone Number When Making Calls on MTN In Ghana
To activate the Caller Hide ID on your MTN line, follow the steps below:
- Dial *1333# and follow the steps
- Choose option 1 to register
- Enter your 4 digits PIN code
- Confirm the PIN code
Now, you will receive message from MTN Ghana — that you have successfully subscribed to MTN’s Self service. “Dear Subscriber, Your request for Service Activation has been processed successfully”.
After some minutes, you will now receive another message like this: “Congratulations, you have successfully subscribed to MTN’s Self Service”.
After this, then it’s time to set your number to private using the USSD short code from MTN Ghana.
How To Hide Your Phone Number After Activation
So, after activating this call offer, how do you hide your number before making that phone call? It’s easy as you can hide your number by dialing the short code used to activate your PIN.
- Dial *1333# and follow the steps Correctly.
- Choose Option 2 ( Access Services )
- Choose Option 5 ( Activate CLIR )
- Choose Option 1 ( Activate CLIR )
- Choose Option 1 ( Activate for self )
- Choose Option 1 ( Confirm )
- Then Enter Your self service pin code
- You will receive an SMS soon, That you have successfully subscribed to MTN’s Self Service CLIR.
- Now go to your phone’s call settings APP and “Hide Caller Identity”
This process is as easy as ABCD — that does not require any third party app to do since it can be done with USSD code from MTN Ghana.
Unlike previously that you may be required to use an Android phone set this feature in your settings, — but now things have changed within the era of Technology in Ghana — since MTN Ghana has all for us today.
With the rapid advantage in digitization, MTN Ghana has made is easily to hide your phone number and call someone at the same time.
All Questions Answered About MTN Private Number
To activate private number on MTN in Ghana, you can simply dial *1333# and follow the steps above here.
- How To Update Your MTN Ghana SIM Registration Status
- How To Reverse Airtime To MTN Mobile Money Wallet
- 5 Best Video Conferencing Apps For Android
- Kadi Launches Digital Platform To Help SMEs Access Critical Services Online
- MTN Ghana Foundation Extends Closing Date Of MTN Bright Scholarship 2020 Applications
- How To Register For TIN Online In Ghana
- How To Get A Verified PayPal Account And Verify With UBA Africard In Ghana
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News