This is the simple guide on How To Apply University Of Johannesburg Online, Courses & Contact Details.
The University of Johannesburg as also known as UJ, was established on the 1st of January 2005, and became one of the largest residential universities in South Africa. The University of Johannesburg came into existence due to the successful merger of the Soweto and East Rand campuses of Vista University, the Rand Afrikaans University (RAU) and the Technikon Witwatersand (TWR). It currently has over 50,000 students, with eight faculties and over ninety departments.
Currently, the University of Johannesburg has four campuses spread across Johannesburg.
The University of Johannesburg since its inception, has transformed into a very large institution. With over 50,000 students available at University of Johannesburg, the school boasts of more than 3000 international students, coming from over 80 countries around the world. University of Johannesburg has become one of the largest contact universities in South Africa, out of the 26 public universities that make up the country’s higher education system.
This article is for anyone that is seeking to join University of Johannesburg, by checking out University of Johannesburg (UJ) application guidelines, faculties, courses and contact details included.
University of Johannesburg Faculties and Courses
University of Johannesburg (UJ) various courses, from short courses to undergraduate and postgraduate options. The university makes sure that there is always a place for professionals to add to their knowledge and skills; hence, giving them an upper hand in their place of work and career.
For an applicant to be considered for selection for a programme, he/she is required to compy with the programme’s minimum admission criteria. These criteria are based on either the National Senior Certificate or the National Certificate (Vocational). That being said, it is noteworthy that the university has a total of 8 faculties. These are the list with their departments below.
1. Art, Design and Architecture
These are the departments found in this faculty at University of Johannesburg.
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Fashion Design
- Department of Graphic Design
- Department of Jewellery Design and Manufacture
- Department of Multimedia
- Department of Visual Arts
- Department of Childhood Education
- Department of Education and Curriculum Studies
- Department of Education Leadership and Management
- Department of Educational Psychology
- Department of Science and Technology Education
- Department of Anthropology and Development Studies
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Department of Religion Studies
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Mercantile Law
- Department of Practical Business Law
- Department of Private Law
- Department of Procedural Law
- Department of Law Clinic
- Department of Public Law
5. Engineering and the Built Environment
- Department of Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering Science
- Department of Civil Engineering Technology
- Department of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Science
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
- Department of Metallurgy
- Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Science
- Department of Mine Surveying
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Quality and Operations Management
- Department of Town and Regional Planning
6. Health Sciences
- Department of Biomedical Technology
- Department of Chiropractic
- Department of Emergency Medical Care
- Department of Environmental Health
- Department of Homeopathy
- Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation (Radiography)
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Optometry
- Department of Podiatry
- Department of Somatology
- Department of Sport and Movement Studies
- Academy of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Physics and Engineering Mathematics
- Biotechnology and Food Technology
- Botany and Plant Biotechnology
- Geography, Environmental Management & Energy Studies
- Pure and Applied Mathematics
8. College of Business and Economics
With the College of Business and Economics, it was formed for the purpose of expanding management education in the country. These are the number of business-related schools with their departments in the college.
Johannesburg Business School
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Finance and Investment Management
- Department of Industrial Psychology and People Management
- Department of Transport and Supply Chain Management
School of Accounting
- Department of Accountacncy
- Department of Commercial Accounting
School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems
- Department of Applied Information Systems
- Department of Information and Knowledge Management
- Department of Marketing Management
School of Economics
- Centre for Competition, Regulation and Economic Development (CCRED)
- Centre for Local Economic Development (CENLED)
- DST-NRF South African Research Chair in Industrial Development
- Research Centre for Public and Environmental Economics (PEERC)
School of Public Management, Governance, and Public Policy
- Department of Public Management and Governance
- School of Leadership
School of Tourism and Hospitality
- Programmes in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management
- Programme in Food and Beverage Operations
- Hospitality Operations
How To Apply For University of Johannesburg Online Application
The University of Johannesburg has two different methods of application for anyone who is willing to apply. It has an online application service; some courses such as the Short Learning Programmes can only be applied via its online portal. There is also an offline application method available, whereby you will have to buy and fill a hard copy form and submit to the school’s premise.
If this is your first time to apply for admission at UJ, then kindly follow the steps below.
- Visit the portal, www.uj.ac.za/Apply and click on Apply.
- Click on the drop-down menu and choose ‘Academic Application’ and select the program of your choice.
- Select First-TIme Applicant. Carefully read the instructions and scroll down and click ‘I Accept.” Click next to proceed to the online application.
- Complete your biographical information, which will lead you to receive a student ID number.
Note Back: There is no application fee charged for the online applications. Be sure to keep an eye on the webpage of UJ to see if there might be any changes to the instructions for the online application. University of Johannesburg will inform you when your application is successful.
Offline Application Process for University of Johannesburg.
Unlike the offline application for University of Johannesburg, you will have to download a hard copy of the UJ application form online and fill to submit.
After filling the application form, the next step is to make a payment of R200 to the University of Johannesburg either via bank deposit or by electronic payment. After this, you can then proceed with the teller to the Student Enrollment Center, to submit the form. All you have to do now is to wait for an email or SMS from University of Johannesburg about your application status.
Now, let us take a look at the Campuses available at University of Johannesburg.
University of Johannesburg Campuses
- The Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus
- The Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
- The Doornfontein Campus
- The Soweto Campus
University Of Johannesburg Contact Details
For more information about University of Johannesburg, you can contact them via any of their means of communications.
Phone: +27 11 559 4555
Email: [email protected]
Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus
Address: CRN Bunting Road , Annet Road, Auckland Park
Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
Address: Corner Kingsway and University Road, Auckland Park
Address: CRN Siemert & Beit Streets Doornfontein
Address: 326 Chris Hani Road (Old Potch Road), PIMVILLE
- Online Application South Africa 2020/2021
- How To Check Your Central University of Technology Application Status
- Nsfas application requirements
- Nsfas online application
- Details of unisa application second semester 2019
- Unisa second semester application dates and courses
- UJ application 2020 opening and closing dates for undergraduates