Nsesa Launches SuaCode Africa 2.0 — A Smartphone-based Online Coding Course For Africans.
Nsesa Foundation has opened applications for its SuaCode Africa 2.0 smartphone-based online coding course.
This is the second edition of the SuaCode Africa smartphone coding course to teach coding course to Africans with little or no programming experience.
For the first time, the program will be in both English and French. This course builds upon last year’s edition, SuaCode Africa which reached 709 students across 37 countries.
In this 2nd cohort, 1,000 students will get the opportunity to be introduced to basic coding concepts over a 2-month period and build a mobile app in the process. Selected learners will receive FULL SCHOLARSHIPS sponsored by Nsesa Foundation to partake in this cohort.
SuaCode Africa 2.0 will run for 8 weeks from 1st May 2020 – 1st July 2020. Learners who complete this 8-week online course will receive a certificate and those that complete assignments with outstanding performance and proactively help other learners on the course forum will have mentoring sessions with professionals from tech companies such as Google and Facebook.
In addition, female applicants accepted into SuaCode Africa 2.0 will be admitted into Nsesa Foundation’s STEM WOW Mentoring program where they will have an exclusive mentoring session with inspirational African women in STEM.
The SuaCode Course is based on the Processing Language, a Java-like programming language ideal for helping first-time programmers learn the fundamentals of computer programming in a very visual context.
All applicants will need to have access to an Android smartphone in order to participate in the course.
Applications and Selection into SuaCode
All applicants will be evaluated based on their strong motivation to learn how to code and their willingness to work hard. The top 1000 applicants will be selected to take part in the programme.
Applications are open till Thursday, 30 April, 2020.
- English applicants: Click here to apply at bit.ly/suacode-africa-2
- French applicants: Click here to apply at bit.ly/suacode-afrique-2
With source from JB Klutse as Africa’s Authoritative Tech Blog from Ghana, Nsesa Launches SuaCode Africa 2.0 — A Smartphone-based Online Coding Course For Africans.
In summary, this is all you may need to know about Nsesa Launches SuaCode Africa 2.0 — A Smartphone-based Online Coding Course For Africans and we hope to bring you more updates on this Online Coding Course, Women in STEM, African Women in STEM, SuaCode Africa 2.0, Msesa Foundation and more.
- Infinix Hot 9 Play: First Infinix Hot 9 Phone With 6000 mAh Battery
- TECNO Camon 15 Specifications And Price In Ghana
- How To Apply For Scholarship Using The Online Scholarship Application System In Ghana
- Google Pixel 4a Retail Packaging And Photos Pops up
- How To Renew Your Drivers License Online in Ghana
- Messages In Hangouts Chat Can Now Be Forwarded To Gmail
- Ghana Institute Of Surveyors Develops COVID-19 Tracing Mobile App
- 3 Hidden Features To Enjoy On WhatsApp
- Tencent Targets Africa To Grow Its Music Streaming Service (Joox)
- Surfline Partners eCampus To Offer Free Online Learning Platform
- Infinix Note 7: Full Specifications, Reviews And Price In Ghana