There has been numerous requests from our readers on how to buy airtime with MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money or Vodafone Cash wallet.
With these requests, I decided to bring to readers on how they can purchase airtime credit using any of the mobile money wallet service in Ghana.
Each and everyday, we make calls, we send SMS or MMS using SMS bundles and also surf the web and chat on WhatsApp, Facebook, Viber, Twitter tweets, Instagram, do Snapchats and all these require internet bundle.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a high rise in the usage of mobile data — since we have been using internet bundle for streaming YouTube during the lockdown, meetings and conferences using Zoom App, Google Meet App or Skype.
All these require airtime credit before subscribing to any internet package you want.
Such is the reason why we brought to you how you can purchase an airtime conveniently — even if there is no Credit vendor available in your area. You can buy airtime from any mobile money service you are using to any mobile number in Ghana.
There are varieties of mobile networks available in Ghana, but we are going to focus on the mobile networks in Ghana with Mobile Money services and these are; MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money and Vodafone Cash.
We shall take a look at how to Buy Airtime With MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money Or Vodafone Cash and more.
How To Top-Up Airtime Using MTN Mobile Money
- Dial the code *170#
- Go to “Mobile Money” menu then select option 3 – Airtime & Bundle.
- Choose the first option – 1 (Airtime-100% bonus self) from the sub-menu
- Choose either self or other.
- Enter the amount of airtime to buy
- Confirm details and input your MTN Mobile Money PIN. You will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have successfully purchased airtime.
How To Buy Airtime With AirtelTigo Cash
- First dial *110# and then you will be taken to the AirtelTigo cash main menu.
- Now once you are on the page, you will be displayed with all the mobile money menus. Select option 2 from the menu
- Now you will be given the chance to choose whether you want to buy airtime or data bundle. Since your aim is to buy airtime, you choose the first option
- After choosing the buy airtime option, you select 1, if you want to buy for yourself otherwise select the option that suits your demand.
How To Top-up Airtime Using Vodafone Cash
Just like MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash also has same pattern to follow when buying airtime from your Vodafone Cash account. Just read and follow below:
- Dial *110# to go to the Vodafone cash menu. Once you are on the menu, select option 3 to see the options available
- From the submenu, choose option 3 -buy airtime or data
- Here you will see three submenus, choose the first option: “buy airtime”
- Then select the first option – my phone. If you are buying for yourself otherwise select the other options
- Now enter the amount
- Confirm details and enter your Mobile Money PIN.
Also learn how to borrow money from your Vodafone Cash wallet here.
How To Buy Airtime To All Network From Any Mobile Money Account Using A Code – Mula (Now: Tigg)
- Dial *234#
- Select option #3 – Buy Airtime
- Select Network to buy Airtime for.
- Then enter the phone number to buy the airtime. eg. MTN: 0244xxxxxx
- Type the amount to pay. eg: 5
- Select #1 to confirm the message that says pay GHS 5 to the number.
- Now, choose payment method: MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Cash or Vodafone Cash
- Finally, wait for the pop-up to come for you to confirm with your Mobile Money PIN code or
- You can dial your Mobile Money Menu and confirm the payment from My Wallet >> My Approvals >> Enter MoMo PIN to confirm.
There might be several ways you can buy airtime credit for your mobile number, but these are some of the tested ways I can assure you on ICT Catalogue as passionate Technology news website in Ghana.
You’re free to share this post and also drop your opinion — using the comment box below.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News