How To Create A Custom Ringtone For iPhones
How To Create A Custom Ringtone For iPhones.
Wondering how people used to create custom ringing tone for their iPhones or iOS devices whenever you see them?
Wonder no more. This post is just to brief you on some of the ways these people set these custom ringing tones for their iPhones and how you too can do same to your iOS device.
iPhone is known to be one of the smartphones that you cannot enable enough third party settings like how android devices are. With iPhones, some of the things or settings have to be found as factory settings to be able to enable them to work on the device.
iPhones are not allowed to use custom ringtones because Apple is trying their best to protect the copyrights even to some of the music you have bought, you can’t use them as ringtone on your Apple smartphone (iPhone) unlike Android phones.
No matter what and how far they may go in making a protection to their copyrights, there’s still a way to make your custom ringtones for your iPhone. You can use the music you’re having already in your iTunes library to create this ringtone and there is no need to pay for bucks for the extra tones in the Tones store. It’s free.
How To Create Custom Ringtone Using iTunes.
Before we dive into this awesome tutorial, it’s recommended to get iTunes app on your computer, either windows or Mac for this process. After that, then follow the process listed below;
- Start iTunes from your PC
- Select the music you want to use as ringtone. Note: The length of this track should be 30 seconds, and it’s better to choose the part you want to use.
- Right-Click the song and Select Song Info or Get Info from the options based on iTunes version.
- Then click on the “Options” tab from the dialog box.
- Now, choose the part of the music track you want to use as your custom ringtone.
- After everything and setting this customization, click OK.
- Make sure the original track is selected, the click the “File” menu.
- Click on “Convert” from the list of commands and “Create AAC Version”.
- Now, another version of the track should appear in the list. Drag the new version of the song (30 seconds length) to your desktop.
- Now change the file’s extension (the track you just copied to the desktop) from “.m4a” to “.m4r”. So it will look like “my ringtone.m4r” instead of “my ringtone.m4a”.
The above settings now make you ready to set a custom ringtone for your iPhone, to the next, it’s time to find a way to put the track on the iPhone and make it a ringtone.
How To Copy The Ringtone To The Phone
- Connect the iPhone to your computer through cable.
- Open iTunes and click the iPhone’s icon at the upper left, beside the drop-down menu.
- Select “Summary” in the left pane.
- Check the option to “Manually manage music and videos” in the Options section on the right.
- Then click “Apply” at the bottom.
- Just click on “Tones” under On My Device on the left side of your screen.
- Pull the ringtone track on the desktop to the Tones folder in iTunes. Since your phone is already connected, the track will automatically copy to your iPhone.
- Done with the second part. Now, let’s move to the third and last part.
How To Set The Custom Ringtone
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Tap “Sounds” or “Sounds & Haptics”.
- Now tap on “Ringtone”.
- Your newly made ringtone track should appear in the list
- Tap on it this newly ringtone track to set it as your custom ringtone.
You’re now done on how to set a custom ringtone for your iPhone today — using the simple-to-follow guide above.
I believe this process may look a bit confusing but its simple if you follow the processes listed above.
The next time you are doing it, it will feel like a piece of cake. Go ahead, make your friends also know how to make custom ringtones on their iPhones too.
Kindly share this useful information with friends and help them also set a custom ringtones for their iPhones.
Before you leave:
- Top 5 Reasons Why It Is Good To Use iPhone
- How to Keep your iPhone from Overheating?
- How To Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode For iPhone
- Five Reasons Why Your Infinix Or TECNO Phone Charges Slowly
- How To Generate A Digital Address With Ghana Post GPS
- MTN Mashup Code, Activation, Bundles And Offers in Ghana
- How To Use DHL To Send And Receive Parcels In Ghana