This is a brief post about How To Use DHL To Send And Receive Parcels In Ghana with the simple and easy to follow guide listed below.
How To Use DHL To Send And Receive Parcels In Ghana
Sending and receiving parcels are not always done through Post Office under the Ghana Post Services.
Before, postal services under the government were the only means we can use to send and receive parcels – and these sometimes take numerous days, weeks or month before getting to its final destination.
With this, DHL is on the mission to help send and receive parcels in the convenient time we may never expect. Getting our items in shorter times than we expect make us happy and that is the mission of DHL.
What Is DHL?
DHL is a postal service that is used for sending and receiving parcels. DHL is a courier, parcel, and express mail service which was founded in the United States in 1969.
According to Wikipedia information, the name DHL was generated from the last name of the founder — used as abbreviation. Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn.
Founders Of DHL
According to the official information from DHL’s website, the company was founded by Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn in 1969.
When Was DHL Founded?
According to information confirmed from DHL’s official portal, it states that DHL was founded in 1969 and operating in over 220 countries today – as the world’s largest logistics company. The courier company delivers over 1.3 billion parcels per year.
In this article, I will like to highlight to you how to send parcel with DHL and how to receive parcel from DHL in Ghana.
Before these, kindly note that DHL has three Domestic Shipping methods that are; UPS Ground (3-5 days), UPS Second-Day Air (2 days) and DHL International Expedited (1 day). The international standard shipping of DHL takes 1 – 3 weeks while international expedited takes 4-12 days.
How To Use DHL To Send Parcel In Ghana
- Wrap the parcel your product for DHL
- Write receiver’s name, postal address, Zip code and telephone number.
- Visit any DHL Office in Ghana
- There will be custom checks and questionnaire
- Kindly choose your shipping method
- Pay for parcel after weighing
After learning how you can send parcel using DHL in Ghana, it’s time to also know the steps involved in receiving parcels in Ghana from DHL.
How To Receive A Parcel From DHL in Ghana
To receive a parcel from DHL in Ghana, you first of all need the tracking code of the parcel or item you want to receive.
- Track the parcel to see if it has arrived in Ghana successfully.
- After tracking to see that your item has arrived successfully in Ghana, it’s now time for you to visit DHL head office in your Region with your tracking code and your Identity card.
- Now, you will be asked to provide your name, item type and tracking code to track and validate.
- After successful confirmation of your item using the tracking code, your item will be given to you at the DHL office.
That is all involved in how to send parcel using DHL and how to receive parcel from DHL in Ghana.
DHL Ghana Customer Care Contact Details
DHL can be used to send parcels from Ghana to foreign countries and vice versa. You can even shop online at stores in the US, UK or even China and get the parcel sent to your location in Ghana using DHL.
It is always good to have the contact details of DHL in Ghana — so you can contact them for any inquiries.
DHL Ghana Phone Lines
- Accra: +233 30 274 2444 (Air Freight)
- Takoradi: +233 031 202 6258 (Ocean Freight)
- Tema: +233 556 750 812 (Ocean Freight)
DHL Ghana Website
You can visit the official DHL Ghana’s website from here: DHL Ghana Website