This article post contains the step by step guide on how you can backup and restore your contacts on your MTN SIM in Ghana — without loosing your contacts.
It should not be a mistake to loose your contacts anymore but rather intentionally — since you can now backup your contacts and restore them anytime you wish with your MTN SIM in Ghana.
Loosing valuable contacts through misplace or stolen phones can happen though — but it should not allow you to loose your contacts in today’s 21 century of technology era we live.
MTN Ghana feels how it is to loose contacts of your loved ones and business personalities from your phone — and has rolled out the MTN Phonebook backup service making all MTN SIM users to be able to backup their contacts and restore anytime they loose their contacts or their is a stolen of phone.
What Is MTN Phonebook Backup Service?
The MTN Phonebook Backup service is a subscriber service which allows subscribers to save data and contacts on their phone and SIM cards on the MNT server for future use.
When this happens that MTN Ghana subscriber has misplaced his or her SIM card or someone has stolen your phone, you are always covered to get your contacts back — by restoring your contacts from the backup initiative you did.
MTN Ghana allows subscribers to be able to backup over 200 contacts from their SIM Cards and up to 5,000 contacts from their phones unto the MTN server — using the phonebook backup service initiated.
I will like to walk you through the step by step guide you can follow on how to activate the MTN Phonebook backup, how to do MTN Phonebook backup and how to restore MTN Phonebook backup in Ghana.
How to Activate MTN Phonebook Backup Service
Activating MTN Phonebook backup is the first step needed to be able to backup your contacts. MTN Ghana has the options for you to either activate MTN backup service via their Customer care or through your SIM Menu on your phone.
MTN Ghana subscriber is required to pay a fee of GHS 0.65 as a subscription fee. A subscriber shall be paying for this fee with MTN Mobile money every month.
How To Activate MTN Contact Backup Using Customer Care
MTN Ghana makes it easier for anyone who does not want to go through any stress — to be able to activate MTN Phonebook Backup service using the customer care service. Here is how to do this.
- Call MTN Ghana on 100 with your SIM in phone
- Choose any local Ghanaian language of your choice
- Press ‘5’ to speak to a customer care agent at MTN Ghana.
- Hold on for a while for an agent to pick your call
- Explain to any agent who picks the call and that person will activate your MTN Phonebook Backup service for you.
MTN Ghana will now send you a message for successful activation. There will be an automatic update of your backup and you will be notified via SMS.
Now that you are done with how to activate MTN Contact Backup Using the SIM Menu, let us take a look at how to activate the backup process via SIM Menu.
How To Activate MTN Contact Backup Using The SIM Menu
MTN Ghana has the best option for you to protect your contacts saved. Here is the steps you can activate the MNT Phonebook backup service on your phone.
- Open your Phone Menu
- Select Services or Network Services
- Choose My MTN
- Select MTN Backup
- Select ‘Synchronize’ from the list
- MTN will notify you that your SIM Backup was successful.
- Click on Okay and wait for a while.
- You will receive a payment confirmation request from MTN.
- Enter your MTN Mobile Money PIN code
- Select the option 1 to complete the process
After activating your MTN Phonebook Backup service, it is now required that you create a backup account on MTN Ghana’s server, to be able to access your contacts. Kindly click here to register.
How To Restore Your Contacts From MTN Phonebook Backup
You are done with backing-up your phonebook’s contacts and would love to know how to restore them — when you don’t have access to them anymore. This is how to restore your contacts from MTN Phonebook backup.
- Login to the contacts backup site
- Check for when there was a last backup through the ‘devices’ session on your dashboard
- Select the device you wish to recover your contacts on.
- Click on ‘Sync Now’ and MTN will send you a message that synchronization is about to take place on the server.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to start
- You will be notified when the process is completed.
- Your contacts from the backup will now be restored.
This is how easier it is to activate MTN Phonebook Backup service, Backup your contacts and how to restore contacts from MTN Phonebook Backup Service.
The rapid advancement of technology has made things easier like before. It should never be a mistake to loose your contacts from your phone if you are not using an Android smartphone.
You can now get things done the easier ways and this is how you can always get in touch with friends and loved ones when you activate and backup your contacts successfully with MTN Ghana Phonebook Backup Service.