How To Make A Graph On Google Docs
You can create graphs in Google Docs to enrich your content and tailor them to your objectives. In this post, we’ll go through the reasons for using Google Docs to create graphs, how to accomplish it, and the different kinds of graphs you can create.
Using a PC, Chromebook, or Mac to create a graph in Google Docs
For instructions on how to create a chart or graph in Google Docs, see beneath.
- Open any existing document or launch a new document you intend to add the graph inside.
- To load the spreadsheet, choose File, the you tap on New from the File menu
- A new Google Sheet will now launch.
- Enter the data you need on the sheet given.
- pick all of the cells that contain data, choose Insert from the menu, and then choose the Chart option
- This is the moment to copy the chart. If you’re on a PC, press Ctrl + C, and if you are using a Mac, press CMD + C.
- Alternatively, you can copy the chart by clicking on the three dots (…) and choosing the Copy chart option.
- Return to Google Docs and use the right-click menu to select the paste option when you want to insert the graph. Alternately, you can use the keyboard to press Ctrl + V to paste it.
- After pasting the graph into Google Docs, you’ll get the Paste chat window and have two choices. Paste unlinked and link to spreadsheet. Once you link to a spreadsheet, any changes you make to the data will be reflected in the graph. Choose the option that best fits your needs, and then hit the Paste option.
- Google Docs will now be integrated into the graph.
On Google Docs, how to Create a Line Graph or Chart
- Complete the step above from the aforementioned section, then follow the instructions listed below.
- In the Chart Editor window, choose the Line Chart chart type
- To refresh the modifications that has been made on the source currently, go to Google Docs and click the UPDATE option.
- The Line Graph will then be successfully uploaded to Google Docs.
How to Make a Graph in Google Docs on an iPhone or an Android Device
A graph or chart made in Google Docs on an Android or iPhone differs differently from one made on a PC, however simple to make. Ensure you have the Google Sheets and Google Docs apps downloaded on your Android or iPhone before you begin as precondition.
- The Google Sheets app must be launched first.
- In the sheet you wish to utilize for the chart, you enter the input data.
- Choose all of the data-containing cells now.
- Click the “plus(+)” icon in the top menu.
- The next action is to select “Chart” from the menu.
- The chart will now be produced. To save the chart, click or touch the checkmark icon in the top left corner.
- So now the chart is complete on Google Sheets, it’s time to upload it into Google Docs.
- Start a new document in the Google Docs app on your smartphone
- Now that Google.com is launched in one of your preferred browsers, you should be on the Google Docs home page. The idea at this point is to access the site in a Desktop View.
- You proceed to select the Desktop version, Desktop site, or Request Desktop Website option from the Browser’s menu in order to access the desktop version.
- Now click the location where you want to add the graph in Google Docs.
- hit the Insert menu at the top, select Chart, and then select From Sheets.
- From the lists that has the chart, choose the Google Sheet.
- in the following popup, click the “Select” button.
- To insert the chart from the Google sheet into your Google Docs, click on it now.
- Lastly, select “Import” from the next box. The chart should now be visible in your Google Docs.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.