I know you can sometimes feel bored on using Twitter as social media and would love to take a break over it.
When this happens to you, the best way is to get rid of the social media platform from yourself – but you will have to find useful steps on how to get rid of it. That is going to be how to delete your Twitter account easily.
There can be a lot of reasons why you might want to delete your account on Twitter, despite you being bored with the social media platform.
In today’s useful article, I will like to walk you through how to delete your Twitter account with step by step guide.
In one of our previous article, I published about how to disconnect your Instagram from Facebook account at ease. This post helped a lot of social media users that are complaining about how they can disassociate their Instagram account from Facebook and you can check this out here.
Twitter Account Deactivation and Permanent Deletion
There is difference between Twitter account deactivation and permanent deletion – you should know as social media user.
Twitter is going to make your account inactive if you choose to deactivate your Twitter account – making it easier for you to re-activate anytime. If you choose delete your Twitter account, you are just telling the company to remove your account permanently from their Database. That means your Twitter account shall be deleted permanently.
Let us now take a look into how to delete Twitter account at ease.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account At Ease
Twitter allows users to delete their account on both platforms; Web and App. These are the two (2) given ways you can delete your Twitter account.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account Permanently On Twitter Mobile App
- Login into your Twitter account on the Mobile App
- Tap on your profile picture and choose Settings and Privacy from Menu
- Tap on Account under your Twitter username
- Click on Deactivate your account
- Tap on Deactivate after reading the pop-up information
- Twitter will send a confirmation message to confirm with your Twitter password
- Enter the password and click on Deactivate to confirm
How To Delete Your Twitter Account Permanently On The Web
- Visit Twitter website on your browser
- Login into your account with your username and password
- Click on the three (3) dots icon on the left sidebar
- Click on Settings and Privacy
- Choose Deactivate your account from the options
- Read through the displayed information and Deactivate
- Confirm the message and enter your Twitter password
- Click on Deactivate after entering your password – to delete your account
Now, you’re done about how to delete your Twitter account.
Twitter investigates into the reason why you are deleting your account, and has to take up to 30 days before clearing all your information from its database.
All your posts and tweets will be deleted permanently from Twitter and you can create new one anytime you wished after 30 days.
Source: ICT Catalogue