How To Edit Google Docs Offline
Our Google Docs app has been our go-to resource for everything from grocery lists to business paperwork to personal observations.
You can utilize Google Docs’ helpful function to edit documents when you’re offline. This can be useful if you intend to use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone without connection to the Internet. Any modifications you make to your files while disconnected from the Internet will be saved and implemented to your files when you reconnect to the internet.
Prior to activating offline access on Google Docs
The following conditions should be met before you can successfully before you can activate offline access to google docs.
- You must have an internet connection.
- Choose between the Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser.
- Shun from using private browsing and use public browsing instead.
- Install and activate the Chrome extension for Google Docs offline.
- Ensure your device has enough capacity for you to save your data.
How To Edit Google Docs On A PC When Offline
- Launch Google Chrome and log in to access your account.
- Visit https://drive.google.com/drive/settings
- Locate the Offline section
- The alternative to “Create, open, and edit your recent Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files on this device while offline” will be available here. Check the box that is there.
- Refresh any open Docs tabs.
- right-click any file on the main Docs page and choose the “Available offline” option if you want to download a specific set of files.
How to use the mobile app to edit Google Docs while offline
- Launch the Google Docs application.
- Choose the file you wish to edit offline
- Three dots will appear close to the name. Select “Make available offline” from the menu. A checkmark icon and the document’s download will both be visible.
After performing these procedures, you can access your Google Drive by clicking the hamburger menu in the top-left corner if you don’t have access to the internet. You can see all the files you chose to be able to edit offline by choosing Offline.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.