Online Application South Africa 2020/2021
Online Application South Africa 2020/2021.
Online Application South Africa : Apply Online to Any University or College In South Africa. Select Your School Below to Apply Online. Read the details carefully before proceeding. If you can find your school in the List, Search for on this website.
For Online Applications for Bursaries, see The Best Bursary Website in South Africa . For Tvet Colleges Application, search for TVET Colleges on this website.
You can also check for University of South Africa – UNISA application guide here.
Table of Contents
South Africa Universities and Colleges Online Application 2020/2021
Online Application 2020/2021 Checklist
Important Information About University Application
Know the things stated below before you apply to any university in South Africa
1. Online Application 2020/2021 Closing Dates
Make sure you are aware of the closing dates of the various universities you intend to apply towards.
- Your application must reach the University before the closing date in order to be considered.
- For University application dates see the site menu
2. Online Vs Postage or Courier
Be aware of how your application must reach the University. Some universities such as UCT have an online application process while other universities require you to post or courier your application so that they have the physical copy.
- Make sure you allow for the amount of time that postage and delivery takes.
3. Exam Results
Make sure you have all your exam results from Grade 11 and June matric exam marks on hand. You will need to submit these results to the University with the application.
- You will need to submit a certified copy of these results. Never send the originals!
FYI: Some universities require you to complete a National Benchmark Test (NBT). Find out more here and check with the institution if you need to complete one.
4. Make sure all details are correct
Forms can be a pain to fill in, and are often complicated! Go through the forms slowly and make sure you fill in each part of the form carefully so that you do not make mistakes.
- Consider doing your application in pencil before you fill it in in with a pen.
- A black ballpoint pen is usually the accepted method for filling in forms, put the purple pen away!
Make sure you have a working email address, which anyone can create by registering an email address on gmail.com.
FYI: You will also need a working cell phone number and a postage address.
5. Financial Aid
Have a look at the fee’s booklet with your parents or guardians and together. Come to a conclusion about whether or not you might need financial aid. If your household income falls below a certain bracket, either of your parents or guardians are pensioners or either of your parents are unemployed, you may qualify for financial aid.
If you do require financial aid from your University, there will usually be a separate form you may need to complete. Make sure you have your parent or guardian’s most recent pay slip for this.
- You can also check out the List of bursaries for more ways to fund your studies!
To find out more information about student loans read all about student loans
6. Current Year’s Activity
For your application, you will most likely need to fill in what you have been doing for the last year.
- If you were a student at school you also have to submit your exam results and school subjects.
- If you were traveling, you may be required to provide details of your activities.
7. Signing the Declaration For Online Application 2020/2021
Your application will need to be signed by your parents or guardians and by you.
- Make sure that you all know exactly what you are signing and that all the information in the application is true and correct.
8. Supporting Documents Online Application 2020/2021
Most of the applications require some supporting documents.
- These are certified copies or your ID and certified copies of your parents or guardians ID’s.
- Other supporting documents may be your exam results, proof of residence and a recent pay slip.
- Make sure that you have copies of these documents and never send the original!
9. Pay the Application Fee
Find out what the application fee for your University is and make sure that you pay the fee in the required method before you send your application.
- Do not send your application fee via post.
- Pay the fee at the bank or via EFT.
- Find out whether or not you need to provide a proof of payment that the application fee has been paid.
10. Acceptance for Online Application 2020/2021
If you are accepted to your chosen University you will be sent a formal letter or email.
- You will usually have a few months in which to accept based on your final results (so no slacking off yet!) Remember to accept the offer and make sure that in the following year you have paid the Minimum Initial Payment.
- The MIP is the minimum amount of your fees which must be paid in order for you to begin a ‘payment plan’ with the university. It is also often what must be paid in order for you to secure a place in a residence.