How To Turn Off iPhone 12
Before the iPhone X, switching off your iPhone didn’t need performing any finger tricks in order to press all of the required buttons. Sadly, those times are long gone, particular for those who want to turn off iPhone 12.
The whole iPhone 12 series maintains the pattern of iPhone models without a home button, forcing you to engage with three distinct buttons Although Apple hasn’t made many cosmetic modifications to the iPhone over the years, each time it does, it alters the function of each button.
On the iPhone 12, for instance, holding down the side button doesn’t encourage you to switch your phone off, it instead activates Siri.
In this guide, we will be looking at how you can turn off your iPhone 12 if the need arises.
Table of Contents
About The iPhone 12
The iPhone 12 was unveiled at a virtually held Apple Special Event at Apple Park in Cupertino, California on October 13, 2020. They are the fourteenth-generation, “affordable flagship” iPhones, succeeding the iPhone 11.
The iPhone 12 and 12 Mini are available in six colors: Black, White, Product Red, Green, Blue, and Purple.
The iPhone 12 comes with a ceramic-hardened front glass, marketed as Ceramic Shield, while the back retains the previous generation Dual-Ion Exchange strengthened glass
The devices support 5G cellular communications. This allows upload speeds of up to 200 Mbit/s and download speeds of up to 4 Gbit/s.
How To Turn Off iPhone 12
To switch off your iphone 12 right now, you must press a number of buttons simultaneously. A software button that switches off your phone is hidden in the settings app if you truly can’t remember which buttons to click when you want to switch it off.
There are two ways you can shut down your iPhone 12; they are
- Using the side button and volume keys
- Turning it off from Settings
Using the side button and volume keys
Turning off your iPhone 12 is pretty simple and straightforward with the below steps.
- Press and hold the side button and any of the volume button simultaneously until a power slider displays at the top of the screen,
- Your iPhone 13’s power will be turned off if you move that slider from left to right. Your iPhone may take up to 30 seconds to completely shut off.
Turning it off from Settings
- Navigate to Settings and General.
- A Shut Down option can be found towards the bottom of the screen if you scroll down.
- When you click this, your phone will shut down like how you expect it to. The key combination is simply a quicker route to get there.