How To Unpair Apple Watch
You might be pondering on how to unpair your old Apple Watch from your iPhone if you recently purchased a new one. If you don’t intend to use two watches, you should unpair it so you can sell it or give it to a friend or a relative.
It’s crucial to unpair your watch rather than simply remove it since if you fail to, Apple’s Activation Lock will activate. This is advantageous if you’ve genuinely misplaced your watch, but disadvantageous if you want to trade it in for a new iPhone or sell it.
In this guide, we are looking at the ways you can unpair your apple watch.
How To Unpair Apple Watch From Iphone
As you begin the process, keep your Apple Watch and iPhone near by.
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app.
- Select All Watches from the My Watch tab.
- Next to the watch you want to unpair, click the info button.
- Select whether to keep or cancel your cellular plan for GPS + Cellular models. (1)Note that if you want to sync your Apple Watch and iPhone once more.
(2)Cancel your plan if you don’t want to pair your iPhone and Apple Watch once more.
- To confirm, tap once more. To turn off Activation Lock, you need to enter your Apple ID password.
Note that your iPhone makes a fresh backup of your Apple Watch before wiping out all of its data and settings. A new Apple Watch can be restored using the backup. The Start Pairing notice will appear once your Apple Watch has finished unpairing.
Regrettably, disabling Activation Lock and creating a backup are not automated when unpairing directly from the watch. (And keep in mind that a new user won’t be able to configure the Apple Watch when Activation Lock is on.) Unpair using the Watch app if you require a recent backup.
How To Unpair Apple Watch from the Watch
- your Apple Watch’s Settings app should be opened.
- Select General from the menu.
- Choose Reset.
- Erase All Content and Settings should be selected.
- Enter your passcode here
- Click Erase All (whereas if you have a cellular plan and wish to keep it, Erase All & Keep Plan).
- Once the Apple Watch has completed recovering, use your computer’s web browser to access iCloud.com to turn off Activation Lock.
Use your Apple ID and password to log in.
- Select Settings.
- Choose your Apple Watch from the My Devices menu.
- To uninstall your Apple Watch, click the X next to it.
- To confirm, click Remove.