How To Turn Off Dark Mode On Google
Google Search includes a dark option that helps lessen eye strain by darkening the background and lowering contrast with your environment. If you have seen this dark mode on your browser without you recalling when you set it, accidentally activating this feature or putting your device in battery-saving mode can trigger it.
However, it can occasionally cause issues if you’re outside in the sun or in a brightly lighted space. Both the desktop web browser and the browser on your mobile device make it simple to disable Google’s dark mode if you do not require it.
Below is the process in turning off dark mode on google
How to turn off dark mode for Google Search on desktop
- Launch Google in the browser.
- Click Settings in the lower right corner of the page.
- To rapidly turn off dark mode, select Dark theme: From the pop-up menu. You can further modify your search results by choosing Search options from the same drop-down menu.
- Click Appearance in the navigation bar on the left of the Search settings page.
- To turn off the dark theme, choose Light theme. You have the option to select Device default in addition to Light theme and Dark theme.
- After clicking Save, a message will appear informing you that your settings have been stored. Select OK.
How to turn off dark mode for Google Search on mobile
- Launch Google in the web browser on your mobile device.
- To turn off dark mode, select Dark theme on from the three-line menu in the upper left. You may select Settings from the same drop-down menu to make other adjustments.
- To turn off dark mode, select Light theme under Appearance in the Search settings page. To reflect the device’s dark mode, you can also choose Device default.
- Tap Save at the bottom of the page.