How To Send And Receive Money Through WhatsApp: Setup, Send And Receive Money.
WhatsApp Launches New Payment System, Facebook Pay, To Send Money Within A Chat!
This added feature allows users to send to individuals or local businesses within a chat, and also receive payment from others.
WhatsApp has grown to switch from Instant Messaging application service to functioning like e-commerce platform — enabling users to send, receive and transact payments via your smartphone.
What is WhatsApp Pay?
WhatsApp Pay is an in-chat payment feature that allows its users to make transactions via WhatsApp to their contact list. In addition, WhatsApp Pay is UPI-based payment service that allows you to both send and receive money.
WhatsApp Pay was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
When Was WhatsApp Pay Introduced?
WhatsApp Pay was launched since February 2018 in India, as part of a trial run. Payments through WhatsApp were introduced to a million users under a partnership with ICICI Bank. On February 7, 2020, the Instant Messaging app received NPCI’s approval to roll out its digital payment service in a phased manner. The first phase will allow WhatsApp payment services to 10 million users in the country.
WhatsApp Pay Eligible Countries
Some countries such as Brazil, Mexico and UK can access WhatsApp Pay.
To check for eligibility on WhatsApp Pay, visit this link: WhatsApp Pay
To all non-eligible countries, Facebook as the parent company is working towards — to make it available in all countries. If you’re found in a country that is not eligible country on WhatsApp Pay, the only notification you will see if the below:
The payments feature on WhatsApp is not available in this country.
The payments feature on WhatsApp is not yet available in the country from which you’re accessing this site. Please check again later. Learn more about the countries and regions that currently support the payments feature.
WhatsApp is set to expand Payments to more countries soon.
It’s time to follow what are the steps to make and receive payments on WhatsApp Pay.
How to set up WhatsApp Payments, send and receive money
Here’s how you can set up the WhatsApp Payments and link it with your bank account. We will also discuss how you can start sending money to your contacts using the feature. You can also send money by scanning a WhatsApp UPI code or by entering a UPI id. Let’s take a look.
How To Get Whatsapp Payment
To get WhatsApp payment on your smartphone, simply follow the steps below.
If you’ve not activated WhatsApp Pay yet, they it will be good to request someone who has already WhatsApp Pay to invite you for this.
How to create payment links using WhatsApp
You can’t create payment link using WhatsApp. One can pay to their WhatsApp contacts using WhatsApp Payment option by just entering the UPI PIN.
Setup UPI (Unified Payments Interface) Payment In WhatsApp
- Make sure your phone is on the latest version of WhatsApp
- Open your WhatsApp and tap on the 3 dots
- Go to Setting >> Payments inside WhatsApp
- Now, tap on Accept and Continue
- Select your bank. You can also search for your bank using the search bar available
- Verify your mobile phone number in order to link with your bank account
- Once you have linked your mobile phone number, head over to the chat user. You can also check your phone number here if you live in Ghana.
- Now after getting the OTP to your Registered Mobile Number, select your Bank Account.
- Now, you can Pay another user from within the message interface using a 4 digit PIN as a password.
How to send money through WhatsApp Pay
If you wanted to use WhatsApp Pay, you have to search someone who has this feature activated in their account, and ask the person to try to send you a payment. In this way, WhatsApp will activate this feature in your account too.
- Open the chat with whom you’d like to send money, tap on 3 dots.
- WhatsApp Settings > tap Payments > Facebook Pay > CONTINUE
- Tap CONTINUE on the Facebook Pay screen.
- Confirm your WhatsApp Pay PIN by entering it again > tap NEXT.
- To use your fingerprint instead of manually entering your PIN, tap USE FINGERPRINT. Otherwise, tap Skip to manually enter your PIN.
- Start making your payments
How to receive money through WhatsApp Pay
If you want to receive money, the best way is to request money from WhatsApp Pay using the simple method.
If you are requesting money, simply tap on request and wait for the person to accept your request.
For receiving the money you can share your newly created UPI address which you will find in the above screen right to your profile pic (blurred rectangle).
You can also send your number if the sender is sending the money using WhatsApp.
This is how simple it is to setup WhatsApp payments, how to setup UPI Payment in WhatsApp, how to send and receive money through WhatsApp.