BVN (Bank Verification Number) is a biometric system introduced by the government through the Central Bank of Nigeria to reduce fraud in the banking system.
Every Nigerian has been given a BVN(which is a unique number), to which all their bank accounts are attached. It guaranteed safety in the system when transacting business and tracing assets.
Almost most of the bank transactions and the registration of the phone number you do requires you to use the BVN in order to ascertain your identity. The registration of your phone number on BVN has to take place when you get the new Sim card
In this article, we will learn about how to register your phone number with BVN.
How To Register Your Phone Number On BVN
1. Visit any commercial bank with a valid ID card and request for a BVN enrollment form.
2. You will have to fill the BVN forms and include your phone number as part of the registration process.
3. Your biometrics information (finger prints and photograph) will be captured.
4. After biometrics capturing, you will be assigned a ticket ID.
5. After the application has been processed, your BVN will be sent to your phone number after a few days.
You are to note that The BVN enrolment process cannot be done online since it demands that your biometrics (fingerprint and photograph) be captured. So they will need your physical presence for the registration.