A table is an essential part of Google Docs’ fundamental features. It facilitates the clear presentation of information, which paragraphs are not capable of.
The column and width sizes of any new tables you create in Google Docs will have preset settings. Usually, the row’s height is perfect for one line of text. However, if you wish to utilize a size that is different from the default, you might need to understand how to adjust Google Docs table row height.
In this post, we’ll discover how to reduce the size of a table in Google Docs.
How to reduce the size of a table in Google Docs
In Google Docs, there are two simple ways to reduce the size of a table. We’ll go over both strategies one at a time.
Method 1: Utilizing Table Properties
To use the table properties is one method for reducing the size of a Google Docs table. The steps are listed below.
- Launch the Google Docs file with the table.
- Choose every cell in your table. To pick every cell in your Google Docs table, simply hold down the left mouse button while dragging it toward the entire table from one end to the other.
- Select the table with the right mouse button, then choose Table properties.
- Inspect the Column width option and enter the width as needed in the Table properties window.
- The Google Docs table has shrunk now. Set the column width to your specifications.
Option 2: Reduce the table manually
Manually moving the resize handle will also reduce the size of the table. The steps are listed below.
Select the table you want to reduce in size in your Google Docs document. Place your mouse cursor above the column’s top grid line to watch the cursor transform into a double-sided arrow that you may drag to the left or right. Once you have completed all of the grid lines, you are through with the stages.
How to Adjust Table Row Height in Google Docs
- Launch your file.
- Pick the desired row(s) for resizing.
- Choose a cell with the right click, then click Table properties.
- Minimum row height should be set to the appropriate height.
- Select OK.