How To Download YouTube Video On Mac For Free
Do you wish to download a YouTube video to your Mac in order to watch it later without an internet connection? Direct downloads of any of YouTube’s videos are not possible. Unsurprisingly, this resulted in the creation of a plethora of video downloading websites, extensions, and workarounds.
However, many of these solutions can be risky since they just serve to propagate malware, install malicious programs, or otherwise harm users.
There are several programs that claim to let you download YouTube videos on your Mac. These solutions come in both free and paid varieties.
In this write-up, we will walk you through some of the ways you can download YouTube video on your Mac for free and view it online or just save it for general use.
Here are some of the best ways you can download Youtube videos on Mac for free.
Using VLC Media Player
One of the most functional media players right now is VLC. The app’s ability to stream YouTube videos and provide a direct download link for those MP4 files is one such function that highlights its technical prowess. To use VLC to download YouTube videos on Mac, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download and install VLC and then open it.
- Then click the File tab and select the Open Network button.
- Copy the YouTube video URL and paste it into the area provided in the Open Source window that has just appeared. Then click Open.
- The YouTube video you provided ought to start playing on your media player right away. Media Information may be found by selecting the Window tab at the top.
- There should be a URL in the Location area at the bottom. Hit the enter key on your keyboard after copying and pasting the address into a web browser.
- Now, the same video ought to be playing in your web browser. Click the Save Video from the context menu after right-clicking on the video.
Using QuickTime Player
Users of Macs could use QuickTime to record the screen before Apple combined the screen recording and screen capture facilities in macOS Mojave. Follow the steps below to know how to use the QuickTime player to download YouTube videos on Mac.
- Open the video you want to record on YouTube.
- Then open QuickTime Player.
- At the top-left corner of the screen in the menu bar, click the file menu.
- From the menu, click New Screen Recording.
- There will be a pop-up window for screen recording. Make sure Internal Microphone is chosen by clicking the down arrow next to the red icon before continuing.
- Then click on the red circled button.
- Instructions will now appear, letting you know whether to click to record the entire screen or drag to record only a portion of it. Drag the crosshairs over to select the video.
- Then click on Record and start playing the video.
- Make sure the sound is on.
- Click the stop recording button in the menu at the top of the screen when the video ends.
- You may examine the video before saving it by opening it.
Using 4K Video Downloader
One of the most dependable and well-liked YouTube video downloading tools for Windows and Mac is the 4K Video Downloader. Here are the steps to follow;
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader on your Mac.
- Open the file once is well installed.
- Then copy the URL of the YouTube video you wish to download.
- Click the Paste Link button after opening the 4K Video Downloader on your Mac.
- You’ll now see a popup with numerous download options. The default MP4 format has already been chosen. Select the subtitles you wish to download and the resolution.
- Click Download after choosing a destination for the file’s output.
Best Free YouTube Downloaders for MacOS 10.14
One of the best free YouTube downloaders for Mojave is this program. It enables you to download YouTube videos to your Mac running macOS 14 so you can watch them whenever and wherever you choose. You may play YouTube music without an internet connection using Airy. It permits two free downloads.
You may download whole YouTube playlists with Airy in both audio and video formats. Also, you may download a whole YouTube channel with it. However, it is excellent for obtaining a private YouTube video download.
MacX YouTube Video Downloader
YouTube, as well as websites like DailyMotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and Vevo, may all be downloaded with this program. Several codecs and resolutions, including 8K, 720p, 1080p, Ultra HD, 5K, and 4K resolutions are available for you to choose from while downloading music and films from YouTube using this program.
The UI of the software seems polished. Also, it is ideal for obtaining videos from Facebook, Vevo, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and other websites in addition to YouTube. However, it’s a little difficult to utilize MacX YouTube Video Downloader.
WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
You may download videos in a number of formats, including MP4, FLV, and WebM, with WinX HD Video Converter for Mac. Furthermore, it enables simple video downloads in SD, HD, 4K, and UHD from YouTube and other websites. For Mac, WinX HD Video Converter is completely secure and safe.
ClipGrab for Mac
The fact that this tool is free, quick, and simple to use makes it one of the finest YouTube downloaders for macOS 10.14. From YouTube and other well-known video hosting websites like Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc., the software downloads HD videos. One of the app’s distinctive features is that it will instantly recognize and download a movie anytime a user pastes a download link from a website onto the clipboard.
Free YouTube Downloader
On macOS 10.14, using this program to download YouTube videos is strongly advised. There are three simple ways to download free YouTube videos on a Mac using the Free YouTube Downloader for macOS 14. It offers a 3X quicker download speed. It also has a paid version called iTube HD Video Downloader that allows for mass downloads of YouTube videos in HD and 4K.
There are several programs that claim to let you download YouTube videos on your Mac. These solutions come in both free and paid varieties. We have provided some of the programs that can help you download YouTube videos on Mac for free in this article.