How To Check The Number Of Sim Cards Connected To Your Ghana Card
Commencing on May 1, 2023, all Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) have been given the mandate by the National Communications Authority, NCA to enable customers check the number of SIM cards registered to their Ghana card.
There have been numerous complaints of people’s Ghana Cards being unkowingly linked to phone numbers that they are not the owners of after the National Communications Authority, NCA, ordered the mandatory nationwide reregistration of all sim cards.
As a result of that, steps have been put in place by the National Communications Authority, NCA, to enable Sim Card users to identify the phone numbers that are connected to their sim cards and perhaps unlink them if there are any numbers that have been unlawfully connected to their Ghana Cards.
Table of Contents
What Is Ghana Card?
The Ghana Card is a national identification card that is issued by the National Identification Authority (NIA) of Ghana to Ghanaians including resident and non-resident, lawfully and permanently resident foreign nationals. It is evidence of the holder’s citizenship, identity, and place of abode. The Ghana Card contains information such as your name, date of birth, and other personal details.
Dangers Of Not Verifying The SIM Numbers Linked To Your Ghana Card
- You must be aware that if you leave your Ghana card anywhere or you misplace it and an unknown person uses it to register their SIM number, you will be dealt with by the law enforcement agencies when they track the number to your Ghana card.
- The Ghana card can be tracked to your house address to effect an arrest on you if the fraudulent person who registered it in your name uses it for bad purposes.
Therefpre you must do due diligence to check the numbers registered to your Ghana card.
How to check the number of sim cards connected to your Ghana Card
- Dial *402*1# on all networks
- Type in your Ghana card PIN (the letters and numbers should be typed without any hyphen)
- Type in your date of birth
- After you are done with the verification, you will be sent an SMS with the list of mobile numbers linked to your Ghana card with the respective network.
What To Do If You Want To Delink An Unknown Number From Your Ghana Card
- You must notify the MNO (mobile network operator), such as MTN, Vodafone, or AirtelTigo, if you discover a weird number associated with your Ghana Card.
- After the service provider confirms through a Know Your Customer (KYC) process that you are the lawful owner of the Ghana Card, the number will be detached from your SIM.