How To Add Arrow In Google Docs
A wide range of shapes and patterns, including arrows, callouts, squares, stars, and flowchart shapes, can be added to your page. You can add text, alter the background color and line width, and customize shapes. You may use shapes to make flowcharts and diagrams.
The character menu in Google Docs is extensive. There are many more arrow alternatives available here. Additionally, they might be exceedingly peculiar and pointed in various directions.
In this post, we will be looking at how to add a symbol like an arrow or drawing to your google document.
How to add an arrow with a keyboard shortcut in Google Docs
The simplest method to achieve this is to simply add an arrow to the text. It will then show up as one of the characters in this instance, like a typical letter or number. Use the unique keyboard shortcuts listed in the table below to accomplish this.
To insert a unique symbol in the shape of an arrow, you must begin typing and utilize one of the pairings. Such an arrow won’t, therefore, strike out in your text. You can turn it bold or alter the color to make it stand out.
|↑||Alt + 24||Arrow UP|
|↓||Alt + 25||Arrow Down|
|←||Alt + 27||Arrow Left|
|→||Alt + 26||Arrow Right|
|↨||Alt + 23||Arrow UP/Down|
|↔||Alt + 29||Arrow Left/Right|
In Google Docs, how to place arrows above the letters
If you write mathematical calculations, for instance, you might need to add an arrow to your text and the process is listed below.
- Hit Insert.
- You must choose Equation from the drop-down menu.
- The tools for entering mathematical formulas will be shown. Enter “vec” and press the Spacebar to insert an arrow on top of the text.
- An arrow to the right will show above your word or symbol after you enter it.
How to insert an arrow into Google Docs as a drawing
If you want to add an arrow to the text but special letters aren’t exactly what you require, you can draw one. In this manner, the middle of the text will have something similar to a post-it note. To accomplish this, you must:
- Select Insert from the toolbar on the top.
- Choose Special Characters from the drop-down menu.
- All of the special characters that are available are listed in the menu that follows. There are a ton of different arrows among them. Simply select the one you want to add to your text and click.