Why Do AirPods Keep Disconnecting?
Are you troubled about your AirPods disconnecting all the time? Do not worry because will help you by showing you why your Airpods keep disconnecting.
Apple’s wireless earbuds, the AirPods, have been the go-to choice for headphones, especially among iPhone and iPad owners, since their launch in 2016.
One difficulty is when the AirPods suddenly disconnect when you’re on the phone or listening to music.
Throughout this post, we will let you know why your Airpods keep disconnecting and also shows you how to fix these problems.
Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting?
There are a variety of factors that might be causing your AirPods to lose connectivity. It might be a hardware or software issue, or it could even be signal interference.
Software issue is usually caused by a software update or accidentally changing some settings.
A hardware issue is when there is something wrong with the actual hardware,
The signal issue is when wireless devices are highly susceptible to interference.
Here are some of the problems and how to fix them.
- Airpods battery life
When the battery level on the AirPods reaches a certain point, they are vulnerable to unpredictable disconnections. To check the Airpod battery life,
Simply place the batteries back into their case with the lid open to verify their life. When you bring your Phone close to the case, a pop-up window will appear, showing the remaining charge on both the cover and the individual AirPods.
Also, you can follow these steps to check the battery life when using iPhone. You can check it by accessing the Batteries widget.
- Tap and hold the home screen until the icons start trembling to access the battery widget.
- To get to the widget page, tap the “+” icon in the top left corner.
- Scroll down to the Batteries section and select Add Widget.
2. Bluetooth Settings
The first thing you may try is turning off Bluetooth and then on again. It’s a good idea to unpair your AirPods from any other device you might have connected them to before proceeding.
Simply go to Settings -> Bluetooth and ensure that the green indication is turned on, as well as that your AirPods are correctly linked to your phone.
How To Fix Airpods Disconnection Problems
- Turn Off Automatic ear detection
This function alerts your device when the AirPods are inserted into your ears. Sometimes your AirPods just work better without it. Here is how you can turn it off
- Open the Settings.
- Then go to Bluetooth and tap the info icon next to AirPods.
- Disable the option that says Automatic Ear Detection.
- Update firmware on AirPods
Here’s all you need to do on your iPhone to see if your AirPods have received an update.
- Check that your AirPods are in their case and linked to your iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select General, then About.
- Scroll down and touch the paired AirPods.
- A screen will now appear with information on the AirPods, including the firmware version.
- Connect a lightning cable to the bottom of the charging case and leave the case near to the iPhone for a few minutes to update the software (preferably overnight).
- This is due to the fact that there is no mechanism to force-install a firmware version on the AirPods.
- If a new software version is available, the new update should be installed automatically.
There are some steps to follow to check why your AirPods are disconnecting and also how to fix those problems in this article.