Google Meet is Google’s video conferencing service. It’s an excellent way for individuals and organizations to connect via audio and video conversations.
The primary purpose of Google Meet is to hold video meetings. Also, you may make spontaneous calls and invite your friends and family. However, they can join by putting in your meeting code or by clicking on a link you email them.
Google Meet is meant to give you alerts to alert you to meeting invites by default, but if you aren’t receiving those pop-up messages, you may need to enable Google Meet notifications. Here’s how to accomplish it.
This article will walk you through how to turn on pop-up notifications for google meet. So relax and read on.
Steps To Turn On Pop Up Notifications For Google Meet
- Firstly, start Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top right.
- Then choose Settings.
- Click Privacy and security at the navigation pane on the left.
- Then click Site Settings.
- Click Notifications from the Permissions section.
- Look for the entry for Google Meet in the Not allowed to send notifications section.
- Then click on the three dots menu on the left Google Meet in the pop-up menu and choose Allow.
How To Start A Google Meet Call
- To start a Google Meet call on the desktop, go to the Google Meet website.
- Then click Start new meeting.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Google account.
- Then allow both microphone and webcam.
- Use the preview area to ready yourself and then click Join now to begin.
- A window will appear with a link that you can share with others to invite them to join the call.
To start a Google Meet call on mobile or tablet:
Open the Google Meet app on your phone or tablet and hit New meeting to begin a Google Meet call. The meeting invitation information will appear in a pop-up window; touch Share to send it to someone in another app.
How To Join A Google Meet Call
To join the Google Meet call, there are two main ways.
- Use A Google Meet Meeting Code
The meeting code must be requested from the meeting host. After that, you can join the meeting by entering this code.
On a computer, go to Google Meet and enter the code in the Enter meeting code field, then click Join.
Launch the Google Meet app on your phone or tablet, tap Meeting code, enter the code in the field, and tap Join meeting.
2. Use A Google Meet Invite Link
You must request that the meeting host email you the link to the invitation. Meet.google.com/xxx-xxxx-xxx is how this will be formatted. When you click the link, you will be instantly enrolled in the meeting. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to sign in to your Google account.
If you have the Google Meet app installed on your phone or tablet, tap the link to open it and join the meeting.
In this guide, we have provided the steps to follow to turn on pop-up notifications for Google Meet.