After WhatsApp updated its privacy policies and informed users of its new data collection practices and integration of data with Facebook, it has led to a host of people ditching the messenger app in favor of other privacy-focused apps.
Signal is at the forefront of WhatsApp alternatives, especially since Elon Musk vouched for it in a recent tweet.
Now, if you’re one of those who is planning to switch to Signal, you might want to take your WhatsApp groups to the new messenger app. To make the switch easier for users, Signal has added a functionality that allows you to transfer WhatsApp groups to it.
A lot of people have been asking how to move their group chats from other apps to Signal, and Signal groups links are a great way to get started.
Here’s how you can move your WhatsApp Groups to Signal effortlessly. Note that this method won’t move your group chat to Signal as there is no method available for it yet.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Groups To Signal
- Download the Signal chat App
- Create account on the app
- Tap on the three dots on the top right and create a group on Signal.
- Try to add at least one of your contacts to the group from the members of the WhatsApp group you wish to move to Signal.
- Now, go to Settings >> Group link. Turn the toggle on and you will get a share option
- Tap on the share option and copy the link
- Paste the link in the WhatsApp group you want to move to the Signal app. Now anyone who clicks on this link can join the group on Signal.
After this, you can paste this link in other apps as well to invite friends to also join the migrated group.
There is an option for you to turn of shareable link if you do not want people to join the group anymore.
Currently, Signal does not have an option yet for you to move WhatsApp group chats to Signal but we just hope there will be a feature like that soon in the Signal app.
Thanks for reading this post and we hope to keep you updated in the near future about all functionality about Signal and how to make use of it — as an instant Messaging application.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News