Many Ghanaians are asking if there is any other ways to go about by registering for their SIM Cards without visiting the telecommunication offices, and we are here with How To Register Your SIM Card With The GH SIM Self Reg App In Ghana and using the Ghana Card along.
The easier guide is what we are all looking for — and technology has solved many of our issues for us by eliminating joining long queue just to register for your SIM Card with your Ghana Card.
The SIM Reg App helps average Ghanaians who are yet to register for their SIM Cards, be able to register for SIM card from home without going to any telecommunication office. What a user has to do is to just download the app via Playstore or App Store and enter the necessary details required to start the normal registration process.
Ghana SIM Registration Self Service App Overview
During a press release on August 26th, 2021 by the National Communication Authority (NCA) — the organisation announced to all persons in Ghana the “SIM Card Registration Self Service App” — to be used to register for SIM cards without going to the office.
For someone who has not yet registered for their SIM Card, can make good use of the App to register for their SIM Card via smartphone within some minutes.
The introduction of the GH SIM Self Reg App was due to the fact that, many Ghanaians failed to finish with their SIM Card registration after the deadline has been given by the National Communication Authority (NCA).
In the essence of helping Ghanaians to stay home and be able to register for their SIM Cards, the GH SIM Self Reg App was introduced to help many people to be able to register for their SIM Card within a button of a click.
Who Is The App Available For?
For many have registered, many are yet to register as well. With this, the GH SIM Self Reg App will help the numeorus that are yet to register for their SIM Cards to be able to register for the SIM Cards via smartphone. After acquiring for your unique code for the SIM Card registration, you are good to use in using the app to register for your SIM Card. Should you have forgotten your unique code for the SIM Card registration, kindly dial the SIM Card registration code to check — *404#.
Requirements To Use GH SIM Self Reg App
These are some of the things you would need before being able to use the app conveniently in Ghana.
- A smartphone with latest android version
- A charge of GHS 5 from Mobile Money
- Ghana Card as accepted ID Card to register your SIM now
- Access to Internet
- An Email address to complete the registration
- SIM Registration unique code
- Ghana Digital Address required
How To Download The GH SIM Self Reg App
To be able to download the GH SIM Self Reg App and be able to register for your SIM Card yourself at home, you can download the app and start everything from scratch.
Now, you can follow the easier steps to be provided below to get your SIM Card registered.
- Visit Google Playstore and download the GH SIM Self Reg App
- The App is available for android users and you can start using it
Importance Of The SIM Self Reg App
The GH SIM Self Reg App has imporant features a Ghanaian would love to consider and use for his or her registration of SIM Cards.
For someone like me who loves to be indoors, you can have your convenient time to sit from the comfort of your room and register for your SIM Card at any location in Ghana.
How To Register Your SIM Card With The GH SIM Self Reg App
This is the outline for a mobile users in Ghana to follow and learn how to register for SIM Card with the GH SIM Self Reg App available in 2022. Make sure your Ghana Card is ready for capturing and taking of fingerprint to confirm your biodata. Follow these steps below and learn how to register your SIM Card using the SIM Card Reg App with Ghana Card.
- Download the GH SIM Self Reg App from Google Playstore and install
- Create your account with your phone number (This can be any phone number you are using and not mandatory the particular number you are about to register.)
- Enter your Email address, First name and Last name together with a 4-digit PIN
- Use those credentials to login to begin the SIM registration process in step 2 and step 3.
- Select the ID type to use, of which it will be the Ghana Card.
- Choose your network
- Now, enter phone number of the SIM Card you would love to register
- Enter the number to use for payment
- Enter your unique code after selecting the Ghana Card ID (You can check your unique code dialing the SIM Registration short code *400#)
- Validate your subscriber unique code and confirm your payment
- You will receive a pop up screen to enter your mobile money PIN to confirm the payment for SIM Registration with Ghana Card.
- Now, scan your Ghana Card ID. Make sure you capture the front and back of your Ghana Card
- Take a selfie and scan your face to confirm your ownership of the Ghana Card.
- After taking selfie and scanning your face, you will need to scan your fingerprint to confirm
Congratulations…… You are done with how to register your SIM Card with the GH SIM Reg App with Ghana Card successfully.
How Much Is SIM Registration In Ghana
Currently, registering for your SIM Card in Ghana does not cost any amount. There is no amount involved in registering your SIM Card in Ghana and you would only pay for the GH SIM Self Reg App as a setup fee to register your SIM on the app.
Is Registering Your SIM Card On The SIM Self Reg App For Free?
No, registering your SIM Card on the SIM Self Reg App is not for free for mobile subscribers in Ghana.
You would need to pay an amount of GHS 5 via mobile money to complete the SIM Card registration.
Should you have any say about How To Register Your SIM Card With The GH SIM Self Reg App In Ghana, we are open for contribution, suggestion or opinion.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.