How to Use Samsung Pay to Make Payments with Galaxy Watch
There are a few steps to follow in order to use Samsung Pay to make payments with Galaxy Watch, and in this guide, I will show you exactly how to go about it.
Galaxy Watch is the most convenient and direct way to make payments without using your smartphone. Once you have set up your phone, you can use your Galaxy Watch just like using a card.
Before getting started, please note that:
In new versions of the app for your device, the app for making payments from your Galaxy Watch will be renamed Samsung Wallet.
Some payments may not be processed depending on your network connection. In addition, Samsung Pay may not be available depending on the country of use or watch model.
Using Samsung Pay to Make Payments with Galaxy Watch
First of all, you will need to set the Watch to be able to pay. Doing so will require you to download the Samsung Pay (watch plug-in). You can only access Samsung Pay from the home screen.
- Press and hold the back key to open Samsung Pay.
- Press “OK” to be redirected to your smartphone.
- On your smartphone, allow all permissions and tap “Start” to continue the process.
- Tap “Add card” to add your card.
- Select “Add payment card” or “Import card” and follow the steps.
- On your smartphone, tap “Set lock” to create a PIN or a pattern to use Samsung Pay on your watch.
- On your Galaxy Watch, select the lock type you want to use.
- Draw your pattern twice or insert your PIN.
- On your smartphone, tap “Next”.
Please note that when you set Security to None, the Samsung Pay on your Watch will be reset. Below are the steps to remove or change your Samsung Pay PIN:
- On your watch, swipe up on the home screen and tap the Settings icon.
- Locate “Security” and click on “Lock”.
- Go to “Type” and enter your PIN or pattern.
- You may click on “None” to remove your PIN or pattern. If you want to change the PIN or pattern, on the same screen select “PIN” or “Pattern” and enter a new one.
How to Make Payments with your Watch
After making your Galaxy Watch ready where you have added your payment card, you can now make payments by following these steps:
- Press and hold the back key and enter your PIN or Pattern.
- Select the card you want to use by swiping right or left and tapping the desired one.
- Hold the watch near the NFC reader to pay.
In conclusion, these are the steps on how to use Samsung Pay to make Payments with Galaxy Watch. You may want to read on how to Completely Reset your Samsung TV here.