How to Repost on Instagram
The majority of public Instagram posts may be published as part of your Instagram story for your followers to see. This is the only legitimate way to share a post published by someone else on Instagram, and it’s popular because of its ease of use and the way it ties back to the original creator.
Reposting is something that many companies and individuals have been doing for a time now, despite the fact that it’s not an official function of Instagram’s applications or website. Additionally, it is a strategy that has had excellent results.
In this article, we’ll go through how to share other people’s posts to your Instagram story, repost someone else’s story to your tale, get around not being tagged when sharing stories, and use third-party applications to repost content.
How can I Repost an Instagram Post to a Story?
- Locate the Instagram post you wish to share by opening the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Then tap the paper airplane icon > Add post to your story.
- The post is now integrated into a new Instagram story. You may now include the standard images, text, and music.
- To post a new Instagram story, tap Your Story.
How to Repost a Video or Photo Post on Instagram
On Instagram, there is no built-in option to repost photographs or videos. You must download third-party software to circumvent this limitation. Thankfully, there are several of these applications available for both iOS and Android, and most of them are free to download and use.
Note: The steps in the instructions below are for the iOS version of the Regrammer app, but they are essentially the same for the Android version of the Repost for the Instagram app.
- On your iOS device, launch the Regrammer app.
- You will receive a notice asking you to grant the app access to the photographs on your smartphone. Tap OK.
- You are prompted by the app to opt into alerts. This can be skipped. Tap either Allow or Don’t Allow.
- A welcome screen is displayed to you with instructions. Click Skip.
- Find the post you wish to repost by opening the Instagram app on the same device.
- In the top-right corner of the Instagram post, tap the ellipsis.
- Select Copy Link. Your gadget has already copied the URL to this post to its clipboard.
- Start Regrammer. The copied URL should instantly show up in the app’s search bar. If not, long press the field while tapping the Paste button.
- Click Preview.
- By default, the name of the original Instagram account from which you downloaded the video or photo will not appear in your repost. Any of the four square icons can be tapped to add this account name.
- Tap the blue share icon when you’re prepared.
- On Instagram, click Repost.
- For permission to switch to the Instagram app, the app requests it. Press the Open button.
- Select Feed > Next.
- Add a filter to the image or video and modify its parameters as you normally would.
- Tap Next.
- Add the geographical information, hashtags, person’s tags, and post description just like you would when publishing a typical Instagram post.
- Tap Share when you’re prepared to post to share your article. Now, it must show up on the home feed of your Instagram account.
How to Repost on Instagram Using a Screenshot
- The Instagram post you wish to utilize should be captured on camera.
- Tap the “new post” icon in the upper right corner and choose “post.”
- In the app, resize the picture.
- Choose your own filters to edit and add.
- Cite the source.
- Give the caption.
- Select “Share” in the upper right corner.
How Do I Repost Deleted Stories?
After 24 hours, Instagram stories are automatically erased and cannot be republished without being archived. Go to your Profile > Menu > Your activity > Recently deleted to retrieve Instagram posts that have been removed within the last 30 days.
How Do I Repost Archived Stories on Instagram
Go to your Profile > Menu > Archive > Tale Archive and select a story to locate your previous Instagram stories. To add it to your profile, select More > Share as Post or Highlight.
How Do I Automatically Save My Instagram Stories?
Go to your profile’s menu, then select Settings, then Privacy, then Story, then Store story to archive to automatically save Instagram stories to your archive.
Why Can’t My Friends Repost My Instagram Story?
You might need to turn on sharing. You can allow sharing of your tale by going to your profile’s menu, settings, and privacy section.
How to Share Someone else’s Story to Your Own
- Tap the paper aircraft icon in the top-right area of Instagram after opening it.
- Choose the message exchange with the Instagram user who included a mention of you in their story.
- Then choose Add This to Your Story.
- Post the story to your own site after making any necessary modifications, just as you would normally do.
How to Share a Story Outside of Instagram
- Go to a story on Instagram.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the three dots. Then, a pop-up menu will show up.
- Select Copy Link. The URL will then be copied to the clipboard on your device.
- Paste the link into the relevant sharing platform (such as an email or text message) and click send.
How to Send a Story as a Direct Message
Even if you aren’t tagged in a story, you may still share it privately via Instagram direct messaging. This is the procedure.
- Go to the story you wish to send by navigating.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap the three dots.
- Then choose to Send to.
- To send someone your story in Instagram’s DMs, tap the chosen name or account.
How to Regram Manually with a Screenshot on Instagram
One of the easiest methods to regram is with a screenshot, albeit it does need some human labor:
- The post you wish to regram may be found here.
- On your phone, take a screenshot.
- Remove extraneous parts of the snapshot, such as the app’s status bar or the remainder of the screen, to leave only the image.
- With the updated photo, make a new Instagram post, and as usual, remember to provide proper credit and obtain permission before reposting.
Reposting is something that many companies and individuals have been doing for a time now, despite the fact that it’s not an official function of Instagram’s applications or website. We have shown how to repost on Instagram in this article.