How To Insert A Text Box In Google Docs
Google Docs is a popular, sophisticated, and free word processing tool that is easy to use due to its ubiquitous cloud-based accessibility and practical and clean user interface.
Google Docs is frequently used to generate professional-looking documents that need tidy text organization as well as design aesthetics. In such circumstances, putting text in boxes can make it stand out and give the document a more professional appearance.
In this article, we will show you how to insert a text box in Google Docs. However, in Google Docs, there are two main methods for adding a text box. We’ll go through the in-depth, step by step, in this part.
Method 1: Using the Drawing Tool to Add a Text Box in Google Docs
- Open a Google Docs document.
- Then click Insert > Drawing > New in the menu bar.
- At the top, click on the Text box icon.
- Then drag your cursor in the drawing space to create the desired shape for your text box.
- Double-click the box or shape after you’ve drawn it to insert your text inside it.
- Then click on Save and Close to save changes and insert the box in your document.
Method 2: Using The Table Tool to insert a Text Box in Google Docs
- Open your Google Document.
- Click on Insert > Table > select a single (1X1) in the menu bar.
- Then enter your text inside the cell by clicking inside it.
Method 3: Inserting a Text Box in Google Docs Mobile Version
Your sole choice for inserting a text box in a Google Docs document on an Android or iOS mobile device is to use a table. Follow the steps below to insert a Text Box in Google Docs mobile version.
- Open your document in the Google Docs app.
- Then press the “+” icon > Table.
- Set the number of rows to 1 and the number of columns to 1.
- Then press the “Insert Table”
- Tap on the table to enter text into it.
How To Insert Images Into A Text Box Or Shape In Google Docs
- Open your document in Google Docs.
- Then click on the text box or shape.
- Click Edit to open the Drawing tool.
- Click the image icon on the menu.
- You may add a picture by uploading it from your computer, or by adding it from a URL, your albums, Google Drive, or a Google search. To insert the image, click Select.
- You’ll need to utilize a text box to overlay text on top of an image or object. To return to the drawing area, click on the text box you drew and pick Edit from the menu underneath.
- To set the transparency for the text box, click the Text box icon and then alter the fill color. To enter the text box into your image, press Save and Close.
- Select Image Options from the top menu and Wrap text from the right pane by clicking on the image again.
- Drag the picture and text box to the correct place to layer them.
Do you want to know how to insert a text box in Google Docs? We have shown all the ways you can follow to insert a text box in Google Docs.