Per information, Bluetooth is a powerful wireless technology that allows users to connect devices such as keyboards, mice, printers and other peripherals to the computer without the hassle of wires. Although Bluetooth technology is quite eloquent in its simplicity, enabling the functionality and connecting a device for the first time can be difficult because the initial settings are a bit buried in the computer’s system preferences.
From ages, what we all know is that — Bluetooth technology helps us to connect to other devices.
In today’s article, I want to educate you on how you can enable Bluetooth on a Dell Inspiron laptop with steps below.
- Turn off any Bluetooth devices. If your computer detects the device before the functionality has been completely configured, it can cause problems with future connectivity with the device.
- Open the Bluetooth configuration panel. Windows XP users, click the “Start” menu and select “Run.” Type “bthprops.cpl” (without quotations) and press the “Enter” button your keyboard. In Windows Vista or later, click the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel.” Under the “Hardware and Sound” heading, click the “Bluetooth Devices” icon.
- Click the “Options” tab at the top of the window.
- Check the box next to “Turn discovery on.”
- Check the box next to “Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.”
- Make sure the “Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect” box is checked.
- Check the box next to “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area” in order to easily access this configuration utility in the future.
- Now, all you have to do is to turn your Bluetooth device on.
- Click the “Devices” tab.
- Press the “Add” button.
- Follow the onscreen directions in order to connect to your first device.
- Restart your computer once the connection process is complete.
You are now done with how to enable Bluetooth on a Dell Inspiron laptop computer.
You are free to share your mind and education with us concerning any challenge you had about enabling Bluetooth on your laptop computer.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News