Sometimes you can send a Facebook message by mistake, or texts with grammatical/spelling mistakes. Finding yourself in this situation might make you feel completely humiliated. Thankfully, Facebook Messenger gives users the ability to delete those messages permanently.
Facebook is a social networking site that allows you to communicate with family and friends via the internet. In this article, we will show you how to delete Facebook messages permanently.
Kindly follow this article to know how to delete Facebook messages permanently with ease.
How To Permanently Delete Facebook Messages On Web
- You have to log in to your Facebook account.
- At the top-right corner of the web page, click on the messaging icon to list all your recent messages.
- Scroll down to find the option “See all in Messenger” and click on it.
- Search for the message you want to delete.
- In case you want to delete the entire conversation, simply select the conversation and click on the gear icon next to it find the “Delete” option.
- If you want to delete a particular message from the conversation, you have to select the conversation and click on the menu icon to delete the message.
How To Permanently Delete Facebook Messages From Both Sides After 10 Minutes
Follow the steps below to permanently delete Facebook message from both sides.
- Open the Facebook Messenger and get to the specific conversation to delete messages from the chat.
- Then tap & hold the message you want to delete on Messenger.
- There are two options, “Remove and Forward”.
- Then select “Remove”.
- Tap the “Unsend” option when asked who you want to remove the message for.
- Confirm by tapping on “OK” when prompted to do so.
Can I Report A Deleted Abusive Facebook Message?
Yes, there is still a way out if you get an offensive communication that is erased within 10 minutes. Facebook’s community rules prohibit hate speech and include restrictions for bullying and harassment.
Facebook maintains a copy of all messages for a short time to ensure that these standards are followed and to safeguard users. This implies you can recover them even after they’ve been removed.
Follow the steps below to report removal of a harassment message;
⦁ Firstly, open the Facebook conversation you wan to report.
⦁ Then click at the top of the message.
⦁ Look through and find the option “Something’s Wrong”.
⦁ Then choose the harassment category.
⦁ Tap on the Send Feedback option and tap on Done.
You can navigate to Facebook’s Help Centre for more information.
You can sometimes send Facebook message by mistake. Finding yourself in this situation might make you feel completely humiliated. Thankfully, Facebook Messenger gives users the ability to delete those messages permanently.