Including bullet points and understanding how to arrange them in Google Docs are essential if you want to make your document more technical and simpler to understand for your readers. While standard bullet points in Google Docs will help you make your point, you can also make custom bullet points to really elevate your writing.
You can use a bullet list to generate a list of items when the order is irrelevant. You can deviate from the generic dots with anything special depending on the kind of Google Docs page you’re generating.
In this post, we will be looking at how you can create custom bullet point for your documents.
Google Docs: Adding Custom Bullet Points
Follow the procedures below to have your custom bullet points in Google doc.
- Open Google Docs. Search for any previously produced documents in your list and double-click on them or in case you do not have an already created document Hit the “New” button on the left side of the screen to start creating documents.
- Select the list of bullet points.
You must either view the existing bulleted list that has been produced or start a new one after you have opened your document. Choose which bullets to emphasize and alter.
- Select Format
Search for and select the Format option in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click “Bullets & Numbering”
The “Bullets & numbering” option should be found and selected when the drop-down menu displays.
- Select “List Options”
When a new drop-down menu appears, select “List choices,” which is the first item on the list.
- Add more bullets
A new menu will appear, with “More bullets” located near the bottom. When you click on it, a new window will open with a number of alternatives for you to select from. Search for a symbol that appeals to you or draw your own in the “Draw symbol here” box. The symbol you drew won’t be available for usage, but Google Docs will provide some alternatives that you can use to supplement your bulleted list.
- Pick a Symbol
Click on a symbol you wish to use as a bullet once you’ve found one you like. Your document’s bullet points will be immediately updated.
- Exit the Special Characters menu
When you have selected the icon you wish to use for your bullet points, click the “X” in the top right-hand corner to exit the “Insert special characters” option.
How To Create Bullet Point In Google Docs
We have looked at how to create custom bullet point above and we are examining how to create normal bullet points below.
- Open the Google Docs website on your computer’s web browser.
- Use your Google account to log in.
- Select New Document after the page has loaded.
- Another option for editing is Recent Documents.
- Position the cursor where you want to put bullet points in the page.
- Check the top-right menu bar of your page for the following three icons.
The first choice enables you to include a Checklist.
- You can add a bulleted list using the second option. To select a default bullet design, simply click.
- A Numbered List may be included using the third option. To select one of the pre-made bullet designs, click the icon
- Begin adding your bullet points to the page after choosing your design
- To save modifications after included them, press Command/Control + S.