Do you know you can buy domain and hosting in Ghana with mobile money? Of course, it is possible, and there are many different ways you can do it.
Buying a domain and hosting in Ghana is a very tedious task especially when you have to queue at the bank for a debit card to use for this transaction. Well, you can actually purchase both domain and hosting in Ghana using mobile money.
One reason why most online business owners believe there is no way to buy a domain and hosting with mobile money is that most domain service providers in Ghana do not provide mobile money as a payment method at checkout.
There are actually domain service providers that accept mobile money payments. Even if they do not accept that, there is still a way to make payments with mobile money.
In this article, we will be looking at how to buy domain and hosting in Ghana with mobile money and set up the blog.
How to Buy Domain and Hosting in Ghana With Mobile Money
There are several ways to buy domains and hosting with mobile money. Some providers in Ghana do take mobile money payments. Check them out below.
Web4Africa is one of the oldest domain service providers for Africa. They sell domains with even .com.gh extensions. You can purchase a domain here and use Mobile Money at checkout. Follow the procedure below to sign up.
- Visit web4africa.com. You should land on a page similar to the one in the screenshot below.
- Click on the “DOMAIN NAMES” tab to start searching for your domain.
- After searching for your domain, click on “Add to cart” to add it to your cart. You can also add hosting to your purchase if you want
- On checkout, it should take you a few minutes to create an account. From there, you can select “Mobile Money”. You have the option to use AirtelTigo Money, Vodafone Cash, or MTN Mobile Money. Note that your payment will go through the Flutterwave platform.
It is as simple as that.
Plugnom has been around for some time and they provide some of the best domain and hosting services. This is one of the service providers from whom you can purchase domains and host with mobile money in Ghana.
- To purchase a domain from this service provider, follow the procedure below.
- Visit plugnom.com(Discounted link). You should land on a page similar to the one in the screenshot below.
- Click on the “Domain” tab to start searching for your domain.
- After searching for your domain, you can add it to the cart. You can also add a hosting service or purchase without hosting.
- Click on the “Checkout” button when done.
- It will take you just a few minutes to complete your registration. There is even a “Sign up with Google ” button that can help you sign up faster.
- During checkout, make sure you select mobile money as your payment method.
That is it. You have just purchased a domain with mobile money.
3. PayPal option
Probably the domain provider you want to use doesn’t have a mobile money option. You can also use the PayPal option if your domain provider uses one.
The procedure will go through a third party but it is also one of the best procedures if you want to purchase a domain or hosting with a mobile money balance.
How it works
You will have to find someone who sells PayPal funds. A trustworthy person is what you need. Let the person use the fund to purchase the domain from your provider for you then you send them mobile money in return. Note that you will have to give the person your username and password.
If you can’t find someone to help you do that, contact ictcatalogue.com. It is one of the many digital services offered by ICT Catalogue.
It is possible to buy domain and hosting in Ghana with mobile money. All you have to do is use one of the domain service providers listed in the article. You can also use the PayPal option elaborated in the list.
Always make sure you stay safe. Know who to trust with your username and password. If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly leave them in the comment section and I will reply as early as possible.