How To Block TikTok On Android
TikTok is a popular social networking site with more than one billion subscribers. TikTok outperforms other social networking apps as it is simple to use, prioritizes short videos, and works with the majority of devices and operating systems. Although TikTok is user-friendly, it has a number of severe flaws.
Many users have discovered they spend hours perusing short-form information instead of focusing on their to-do lists. Since the web material on TikTok is bite-sized, it’s easy to lose track of time. Besides its poor influence on productivity, TikTok is at the heart of major security worries.
Reasons to Block TikTok
Some reasons many people have blocked the app on their iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows devices can be found below.
There are two primary feed parts of the TikTok app. One is “following” and second is the default, “For you,” which is a stream of movies like the explore page. On the “for you page” it displays all manner of content without any filter such as adult movies clips, improper music etc and this kind of content is not suitable for youngsters.
TikTok now is largely used by teens and young adults. Your kids can communicate with anybody with TikTok. Therefore your kids can be in risk since there are so many sex predators out there. They utilize compliments and flattery language so kids feel unique and fall prey to them.
Negative influence on brain
TikTok develops an addiction and imposes detrimental impacts on mental health. TikTok can lead to anxiety and sadness. It can also induce poor retentive memory in teenagers. TikTok can also create significant bodily quirks in teen girls. At times , there are some videos that can lead to self-harm or trigger violence. The unhappy kids who use TikTok can have dismissive and caustic reactions. It can even incite someone to try suicide.
How to Block TikTok On Android
Using an App Blocker
App-blocking software would be the can be used to block Tiktok on Android. There are many various solutions in the play store; nevertheless, this article shows you how to use BlockSite.
- Search and download the BlockSite application from the Play Store.
- Open the app on your Android device.
- The software will prompt you to provide various rights to it.
- You will be welcomed by the app’s main screen. From the bottom panel, click on the “Blocklist” tab.
- Click on the green + icon at the bottom right corner.
- In the search box, type “TikTok” and pick it when the option comes.
- Hit “Done”, and TikTok will be placed to your block list.
Using Focus Mode
Mostly all new devices come with a function called Focus mode that allows you freeze some unwanted apps to help you concentrate on a specific job.
- Open the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Swipe down and pick the “Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls” tab.
- Search for the Focus mode option.
- Choose TikTok from the apps you would like to pause.
- You must also establish a schedule for the focus mode to function. If you wish to block TikTok throughout the days and weeks, then set the timer to every day.
- The TikTok app’s icon will become grey, and you won’t be able to access it anymore.
Block through your router
Another approach to disable the app on your phone is to utilize your wireless router. This method enables you to block all the domains related with the platform.
- Log into the Control Panel on your router.
- Navigate to “Parental Controls.”
- Click the edit icon next to the device name.
- Go to “Website Access Limit” and click the menu.
- Select “Blacklist” under “Access Control Mode.”
- Type in the following domains in the “Block Website” space: tiktok.com tiktokv.com tiktokcdn.com
- Press the “Save” button to have your necessary changes saved.
This step prohibits you from reaching the restricted app via your wireless network.