How To Activate MTN Device Insurance In Ghana
Insurance for your properties are there to provide security over thefts, losses and damages — backed with policies and agreements.
Not long ago, MTN Ghana brought an insurance policy that helps various subscribers to secure their smartphones when damages occur.
What is MTN Device Insurance
MTN Device Insurance is an insurance policy that insures your mobile phone. This allows MTN to fix your phone when its damaged or replace it for you when its beyond repairs.
How MTN Device Insurance Works In Ghana
The MTN Device Insurance service is strictly for MTN users only. Supposing you are using different mobile network in Ghana, there is no way you can register and use the MTN Device Insurance service. The good thing about the service is that, it allows MTN to repair or replace your damaged smartphone for you.
Before that can be initiated, you will first of all have to subscribe to the MTN Device Insurance service and pay annual insurance cover for your mobile device to be insured.
The MTN Device Insurance has supports for only smartphones — and users must have receipts for the mobile phone before subscribing to the MTN Device Insurance policy.
Today’s article guide contains all the full guide you may need to activate your MTN Device Insurance in Ghana at ease.
How to activate MTN Device Insurance Yourself
- Download the Device Insurance App: You first of all have to register your MTN SIM Card and insert inside a smartphone – and download the Device Insurance App from Google Playstore.
- Open The App: After the download has completed, you will have to open the app for it to detect your device. You can also check your IMEI number by dialing *#06# — and enter your IMEI number.
- Enter your First and last name, Email address and phone number.
- Click the Next option
- Go to mobile phone health check: The next step is to go through the mobile phone health check. This will allow the app to collect data about your device in order to check if everything is working properly. Its just few of the checks that will allow you to take actions. Most of the checks are automated.
You might not be okay with the current results displayed from the check – and you can try again by tapping on the ‘Test Again’ button.
- Click on continue if you are now happy about the check.
- You will get to the user details form. Check if everything including the amount you bought your phone matches the one on the form. If everything is fine, click on the ‘Confirm‘ button.
This is where you make your device protection payment. The Device Insurance system will automatically calculate your insurance cover for a year — depending on how much you purchased your mobile phone device.
The service allows you to also choose to make a part payment and pay the remaining later. For now, the only payment method available is the MoMo.
Select your payment option, click “Pay” and confirm by entering your MoMo pin.
After you have made your payment, incase of any damages, you just have to send your device to any MTN office to claim your insurance.
In summary, It shouldn’t be so hard for you to secure and get insured for your mobile device in today’s technology era we lived. Get an insurance policy to cover your smartphone – and get replacement or repair cost when anything misfortune happens to your mobile phone.