These are some of the terms that are associated with ICT.
From the introduction to computer, the use of smartphone in our daily lives, how to make payment using any digital medium of payment, surfing the web with the help of the internet, all these come as application of Information and Communication Technology.
Knowing more about ICT is very important as we live in a world that is ruled the the application of technologies.
Technology has evolved within centuries and we can major changes it has brought to the life of mankind. The use of airplane to travel via the air, how to make video conference calls, how to access your bank account from the comfort of your room using your smartphone, how to order for that pizza and get it delivered to your doorstep.
Before we move on to our topic, let’s first of all take a look at some key points that are important for you to understand.
What is the meaning of ICT?
ICT stands for Information & Communication Technology. ICT is an extensional term for information technology (IT) that stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of telecommunications (telephone lines and wireless signals) and computers, as well as necessary enterprise software, middleware, storage, etc.
What is a computer?
According to source from Wikipedia.org, A computer is a machine that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming. Modern computers have the ability to follow generalized sets of operations, called programs. These programs enable computers to perform an extremely wide range of tasks.
In addition, a computer is a machine or device that performs processes, calculations and operations based on instructions provided by a software. The only programmable machine that is electronic and digital.
This is what brought us to update you on the Technical Terms Associated With ICT.
Technical Terms Associated With ICT
- AMR – Adaptive Multi-Rate.
- ACER – Acquisition Collaboration Experimentation Reflection.
- APK – Authenticated Public Key.
- AMOLED – Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode.
- CDMA – Code Division Multiple Access.
- CSS — Cascading Style Sheets
- COMPUTER – Common Oriented Machine particularly United and Used Under Technical and Educational Research.
- DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance.
- DVD – Digital Video Disc.
- DNSE – Digital Natural Sound Engine.
- DELL – Digital Electronic Link Library.
- DTP – Desk Top Publishing.
- DivX – Digital Internal Video Access.
- EDGE – Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution.
- ESN – electrical Serial Number.
- GSM – Global System of Mobile Communication.
- GOOGLE – Global Organization Of Oriented Group Of Languages On Earth.
- GPRS – General Packet Radio service.
- GPS – Global Positioning System.
- HS – Hotspots.
- HTML — Hypertext Markup Language
- HTTP – Hyper Text Transfer Protocol.
- HTTPs — Hyper Text Transfer Protocols
- HSDPA – High-Speed Down-Link Packet Access.
- HSUPA — High-Speed Up-Link Packet Access.
- HP – Hewlett-Packard.
- HDMI – High-definition Multimedia Interface.
- IS – Installation Source.
- IVRS – Interactive Voice Response System.
- IMEI – International Mobile Equipment Identity.
- J2ME – Java 2 Micro edition
- LED – Light-Emitting Diode.
- LCD – Liquid Crystal Display.
- MPEG – Moving Picture Experts Group.
- NFC – Near Field Communication.
- OLED – Organic Light-Emitting Diode
- OTG – On-The_Go.
- O.S – Operating System.
- OVI – Ohio Video Interactive.
- POI – Point Of Interest.
- PPI – Pixels Per Inch.
- POS – Point Of Sales
- QVGA – Quarter Video Graphics Array.
- RSS – Really Simple Syndicate.
- SIM – Subscriber Identity Module.
- S-LCD – Super- Liquid Crystal Display.
- SNS – Social Network Service.
- SSL — Secure Sockets Layer
- TFT – Thin Film Translator.
- USB – Universal’s Serial Bus.
- UMTS – Universal Telecommunication System.
- VIRUS – Vital Information Resources Under Siege.
- VPN – Virtual Private Networt.
- VGA – Video Graphics Array.
- WVGA – Widescreen Video Graphics Array.
- WXGA — Widescreen Extended Graphics Array.
- WLAN – Wireless Local Area Network.
- WCDMA – Wide-band Code Division Multiple Access.
- WI-FI – Wireless Fidelity.
- WINDOWS – Wide Interactive Network Development for Office Work Station.
- YAHOO – Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle.
Thanks for reading on Technical Terms Associated With ICT and you’re free to share to spread this information in educating others.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News