Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) has been identified as a development goal around the globe. There is currently a shortage of trained scientists in Africa. In African, many countries are investing in STEM research and education.
The African Union is encouraging its members to spend 1% of their GDP on STEM. In Ghana the Government has it upon itself to help train both girls and boys who taken interest in the STEM field.
Below are some list of STEM organizations in;
- STEM Girls Foundation
- Africa ICT Right
- WAAW FOUNDATION (Working to Advance Stem Education for African Women
- African Research Academies for Women (Research Academy for Women, Ghana)
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
- Ignite Foundation
- Kumasi Hive
- Girls Engaging Mentors (GEM)
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Innovate Ghana
- Craft Education Techonologies
- Ghana Code Club
- Mobile Web Ghana