Withdrawing Money From Vodafone Cash Agent should not be something hard, as people used to think it will be — as far as you are a Vodafone Cash user in Ghana.
If you find it difficult to withdraw money from Vodafone Cash agent in Ghana, then it is time to learn something new. Withdrawal methods vary for all the networks in Ghana so you will have to learn a complete new withdrawal method if you have just started using Vodafone Cash.
Vodafone Cash is a mobile money service offered by Vodafone Ghana, which allows users to easily send, receive and store money on their mobile phones. It provides a safe and convenient way to transfer money, pay bills, and buy airtime.
One of the ways to access your Vodafone Cash balance is by withdrawing cash from a Vodafone Cash agent.
In this article, I will guide you through the steps of withdrawing money from a Vodafone Cash agent in Ghana.
How To Withdraw Money From Vodafone Cash Agent
Most mobile money users are more familiar with the MTN Mobile Money withdrawal procedure compared to the other networks. Let us look at how to withdraw money from Vodafone Cash agent below.
Locate a Vodafone Cash agent
To withdraw money from Vodafone Cash, you must visit a Vodafone Cash agent. These agents can be found in most areas of Ghana, including major cities, towns, and villages. To locate a Vodafone Cash agent near you, you can use the Vodafone Cash Agent Locator on the Vodafone Ghana website.
My first time I tried my hands on How To Withdraw Money From Vodafone Cash Agent in my community, I searched for so many places until I made use of the Vodafone Cash Agent locator.
Alternatively, you can also ask for directions to the nearest agent from a Vodafone store, or from friends and family who use Vodafone Cash. Most Vodafone Cash agents provide a range of services including selling recharge cards as well as working as MTN Mobile Money agents. You can also use this as the basis to find a Vodafone Cash agent by yourself.
Withdraw your money
Withdrawals from Vodafone Cash should not be so hard, but you should get the basics of withdrawing your money from Vodafone Cash from Vodafone Cash agent and here’s what to do.
- After successfully locating an agent, inform the agent about which transaction you want to perform. For instance, tell the agent you want to make a withdrawal.
- The agent will give you his or her merchant ID or Till number which is what you will use for the withdrawal. If you have this, follow the withdrawal process below.
- Dial *110# which is the code for accessing Vodafone Cash
- Select “Withdraw Cash” which is option 2.
- On the next screen, select “From Agent” which is option 1.
- Enter the Merchant ID or Till Number, you requested earlier from the agent. You will have to repeat the same number again on the next screen.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw. Also, make sure the amount you entered does not exceed your available balance.
- Next, confirm the name on the Merchant ID or Till Number you are withdrawing your money to, and make sure the agent confirms the name. This is to also help you avoid withdrawing to the wrong Merchant ID.
- After confirming the name of the account, enter your Vodafone Cash pin to confirm the withdrawal.
Immediately you receive an alert, the agent will also receive an alert and disburse the money. In rare cases, the agent might not receive an alert so you will have to show the agent your withdrawal message to collect your money.
This is how easier it is to go about How To Withdraw Money From Vodafone Cash Agent in Ghana.
Here I will answer some of the questions people frequently ask about this topic. If you have a question that has not been answered, kindly leave it in the comment box and I will reply as possible.
The process of withdrawing money from a Vodafone Cash agent is usually quick and should take only a few minutes.
Yes, you can withdraw any amount between GHS 5 and GHS 2,000 per transaction. If you wish to withdraw more than GHS 2,000, you will need to make multiple transactions. You can also increase your limit from any Vodafone Service Centre to withdraw more than the daily limit.
Yes, there is a 1% fee from Ghc 50.01 to Ghc 1,000. For everything above Ghc 1,000, there is a Ghc 10 fixed fee. You should also note that you do not pay the withdrawal fee to the agent. It will be deducted automatically from your account.