If you have been using your Steam Deck for a while, then you should know that it is very important to update Steam Deck from time to time. In this simple but informative tutorial, I will be helping you with the simplest available method to update your console.
One thing every gamer can tell you is the fact that it is very important to have the latest update of your operating system installed. Older operating systems might not have certain security features and might not even support certain games. That is why it is very important to update your system as soon as a new update or patch is released.
What is Steam Deck?
Steam Deck is a portable handheld gaming PC developed and released on February 25, 2022, by Valve Corporation. The device is powerful and portable at the same time. It can be used as a handheld gaming console or connected to a display with peripherals just like a normal computer.
Check some of the amazing Technical specifications of the device below.
- CPU: AMD APU Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU power: 4-15W
- RAM: 16 GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 64GB /256GB /512GB
- Connectivity: WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Operating System: Steam OS
If you are a gamer, then you know what all these technical specifications can do on a gaming console. The company boasts the most powerful, full-featured gaming handheld console in the world and I kind of agree with that.
You can get Steam Deck for $399.
How to update Steam Deck
To avoid interruption or bricking of your device, I highly recommend your battery should be above 70% full before you attempt this procedure. You can also plug in your changer to avoid any power interruption. Also, connect your device to a working WiFi.
If you have done all these, then proceed to update your device using the following steps.
1. Turn on your close if it is off and press the ‘Steam’ Button.
2. Navigate to ‘Settings’.
3. From the settings, navigate to ‘System’ and click on check for update.
4. Wait for the system to check for available updates. If an update is found, click on “Apply” to install your update.
5. After you have confirmed that update has been installed successfully, restart the device.
6. Repeat the entire process to check if there are still pending updates. If there is none, then you are good to go.
Every device has its purpose and limitations and so does the Steam Deck. It is high quality when you want something you can carry around but it is still not enough to replace your PC or other larger gaming consoles.
Valve Corporation, the manufacturer of the Steam Deck have not announced Steam Deck 2 or any other similar gadget. Until they will announce it, what you can get now is a Steam Deck with different storage sizes.