Canva is one of the best online visual editors. Here is how you can make a transparent background in Canva projects. Canva is one of the best platforms we have out there.
This article is written because many people are asking for the easier guide on How to Make a Background Transparent Using Canva with a click on a button.
For content creation, getting nicer and very information-oriented graphics is very important. Most of us content creators rely on Canva for creating graphic-oriented content.
One of the amazing things about this platform is that it gives you thousands of project templates to work with. It means you start your project with half-finished projects and that saves you a lot of time. It is also easy to use since everything is done in your browser. You do not have to install or download any heavy or memory-consuming app.
What can you do with Canva?
There are so many graphic-oriented jobs you can do with Canva. Below are some of the things you can do with this amazing graphic designing web app.
- Infographic designing
- Photo designing and retouching
- Background removal
- Banners and flyers design
- Short videos and gif designs
These are some of the amazing things you can do with Canva and you can do these completely free. If you already have a graphic design, then I will advise you to try Canva.
How to Make Transparent Background In Canva
To make a transparent background, you must have an account. If you do not have one, then you should head to canva.com and signup.
- Click on the “Create” button at the top right corner of your screen and select “Edit Photo”.
- The photo uploader will open. Browse the photo you would like to make transparent from your computer and click on the upload button.
- After uploading the photo, click on “BG Remover”
- The BG Remover tool will automatically remove the background of the photo without you going through the hustle. The process takes less than half a minute depending on your internet speed.
- As soon as you hit the “BG remover” icon, the entire background will be removed from the image. Take a look at the screenshot below.
- After your background has been removed, click on the “Save” button at the top right corner and select Download. This will automatically download the image in the PNG format which makes it come with a transparent background.
Make your text graphics transparent
To make your text graphics transparent, you will have to take a completely different approach. Usually, you might want to generate your text graphics from templates. These templates usually have their backgrounds so you will have to make them transparent by yourself.
Let us take a quick look at how it is done.
- Visit canva.com and sign into your account
- Click on the “Create” button and type the type of text graphic you want to create into the search bar. For instance, I want to create a text logo so I typed; “logo” into the search bar.
- Select the category for the type of graphic you want to design. For instance, I want a text logo so I selected “Typography Logo”.
- A list of templates will appear according to what you selected in the left pane of the page. Select the template that you would like to use.
- Click on the template you would like to use and start editing it per the looks you want.
- After editing to your heart’s content, click on the “Share” button at the top right corner. Make sure you have selected “File Type: PNG”. Check the “Transparent background” check box (This is a premium feature).
- Click on the “Download” button if you are done editing.
- In case you are using the free version of Canva, you can still remove the background without checking the “Transparent Background” check box. All you have to do is to make sure there is no background in your edit then save your output with “File type: PNG”.
The free version of Canva if used properly is a very powerful tool for content creators. There are so many things you can use this amazing web application for.