How to Make a YouTube Short
A well-liked outlet for sharing brief films that draw people in is YouTube Shorts. This step-by-step tutorial will help you through the process of producing interesting and sharing material if you’re interested in making your own YouTube Shorts.
Table of Contents
What are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are vertical, short-form videos that are produced on mobile devices and posted straight to the site using the YouTube app. You may record, edit, add music from major labels (including Sony, Universal, and Warner), add animated text, alter the tempo of your film, and combine numerous 15-second video clips to create your Shorts using YouTube’s built-in production tools.
While watching your Shorts, viewers have the option to subscribe to your channel, share, like, or comment on the video. In contrast to other short-form video applications like Instagram Stories and Snapchat, the footage doesn’t vanish and is still accessible on YouTube.
How Long Are YouTube Shorts?
Vertical videos on YouTube that are 60 seconds or fewer long are known as shorts. A 60-second continuous film or a collection of individual 15-second movies both qualify as shorts. However, your Short will only be allowed to be 15 seconds long if it incorporates music from the YouTube music library.
How to Make and Upload YouTube Shorts
- Make sure the YouTube app is set up on your mobile device using the most recent version. The YouTube app for Android and iOS presently offers access to YouTube Shorts.
- Tap the app icon to open the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- A “+” symbol is located at the bottom center of the screen. To start making a new YouTube Short, tap on it.
- Select “Create a Short” from the list of choices that appears. By doing so, the YouTube Shorts camera interface will open.
- Start recording your little video by tapping and holding the record button. By lifting your finger to pause and pressing again to continue, you may capture numerous clips.
- To choose a video from your device’s gallery, tap the upload icon. Select a video that adheres to the YouTube Shorts standard and is no longer than 15 seconds.
- You can use the available editing tools to improve your YouTube Short after filming or choosing your video. To make a video more interesting and visually appealing, add text, filters, effects, stickers, or change the tempo. Find the editing approach that best matches your material by experimenting with several alternatives.
- Give viewers context or more information with a quick description of your YouTube short. To increase the reach of your Short, you may also use pertinent hashtags. Remember that hashtags may be used to find YouTube Shorts, so pick them carefully.
- When you are finished, click “Next” or “Publish” on the YouTube Short. Before completing and posting your Short, check the specifics, such as the title, description, and privacy settings.
Ways to Use YouTube
Promote your regular channel
To advertise and expand your regular channel, use YouTube Shorts. Every time you publish a Short, you have the chance for your material to be seen by someone who could later become a subscriber to your channel or interact with your main channel’s content.
When you publish a Short, the subscription box is constantly displayed, making it simple for viewers to sign up if they enjoy what they see. Shorts can also assist you in navigating YouTube’s algorithm since they will enhance channel interaction, which is a crucial ranking criterion for the material that YouTube favors. This should enhance the exposure your channel receives from more people.
Create engagement on the fly
Instead of devoting the time to view a full-length video, YouTube Shorts enables your audience to interact with your business instantly. Additionally, since 5% of viewers quit watching videos after one minute, witty, brief content guarantees that your audience will watch to the finish, understand all of your messaging, and respond to your CTA.
Level up your user-generated content
A simple format to request user-generated content (UGC) is YouTube Shorts because anyone with a smartphone may make them from anywhere. To increase the reach of your business, you might, for instance, give your new product to a group of brand advocates and encourage them to make YouTube Shorts that demonstrate the unboxing experience.
You can reach a large audience by sharing compelling and succinct films by making YouTube Shorts. You can quickly make and upload your own YouTube Shorts using the YouTube app by following these detailed steps. To make your Shorts stand out, experiment with various editing programs, be imaginative and interact with your viewers.