How To Join US Army From Ghana
The United States of America Army (US Army) is one of the most renowned security forces in the world and it is no secret that an individual will never think twice about joining the force.
Joining the force comes with so much prestige as well as some level of recognition irrespective of your socio-economic background.
Some Ghanaians are willing to join the US Army, however, they have little or no idea about how to join the force from Ghana.
The Army allows you to travel the world, define your career, and achieve greatness. However, as with any great job, there are some basic requirements to apply.
Learn what it takes to be a part of the greatest team in the world, from your physical fitness to your personal background.
Well, if you are part of such individuals, then you must not worry again as we will be detailing how you can join the US Army from Ghana in this article.
About the US Army
The United States Army (USA) is the United States Armed Forces’ land service branch. It is one of the eight uniformed services in the United States and is known as the Army of the United States in the United States Constitution.
The modern United States Army, the oldest and most senior branch of the United States military in terms of precedence, has its roots in the Continental Army, which was formed on 14 June 1775 to fight the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)—before the United States was established as a country.
Following the Revolutionary War, on June 3, 1784, the Congress of the Confederation established the United States Army to replace the disbanded Continental Army.
Should you be an American citizen before you can join the US Army?
Well, you can join the US Army even when you are not an American citizen. However, it is noteworthy that before you will be selected to join the force, you must be living in the United States of America.
What is required before you can join the US Army?
Joining the US Army comes with certain requirements and these requirements include but are not limited to the following;
- Prove you are a US citizen or permanent resident by presenting a valid Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card)
- You must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 32.
- Pass the ASVAB with a minimum score.
- Comply with all medical, moral, and physical requirements.
How to apply to the US Army?
Before you can join the US Army, you must do the following;
- Visit the URL, https://my.goarmy.com/?loginPg=ace
- Once it opens, you must accept the terms and conditions. After accepting these conditions, click on Register so you can create your account.
- Follow the steps to ensure that you have your application completed.
For any information, kindly visit the URL, https://www.goarmy.com/learn/apply.html.