In this article, we will look at how you can delete your Facebook accounts. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to join the social media platform again and want to delete your account, then continue reading.
Remember, there are differences between deactivating your account and deleting your account. When you delete your Facebook account, you have permanently deleted your information from Facebook and cannot be retrieved after 30 days of deletion. And when you deactivate your account, it means you have paused your account for some time, or you have frozen your account for some time. In this case, you can activate it later on and use your account normally as you used to use it, but friends and others can’t find you when you deactivate your account unless you reactivate it again.
This article will only talk about ways you can permanently delete your Facebook account, which is irreversible. You cannot recover your account when the process is done successfully.
Before you delete your account, note what will happen to your account after you have deleted it below.
What Happens When you Delete Your Facebook Account
- When you delete a Facebook account, you won’t be able to access your profile photos, videos and everything you have added on Facebook. The account will be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve anything you’ve posted on Facebook.
- You can’t reactivate the same account again unless you create another one which will be a brand new account.
- Also, you can’t retrieve your messages on messenger. However, others will see messages you have sent to them as a message from a deleted account.
- Also, remember that when you delete your Facebook account, it will also delete Facebook pages that only you manage. You need to give your administrative right to a different account if you want to maintain the page.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
Before you delete your account, make sure you have downloaded a copy of your personal information like your photos and posts, which may be important.
Follow the steps to delete your Facebook account permanently.
- Open www.facebook.com
- Log in with your credentials, your username or phone number or your email address and your password.
- At the top right corner of your page, click on the drop-down icon located right after the notification icon.
- Click on settings and privacy.
- Then click on settings again.
- Click on your information on the left side.
- On the right-hand side of the page, under your Facebook information. Scroll down and click on deactivation and deletion.
- At this point, they will give you two options, either to Delete your Facebook account or Deactivate your Facebook Account. In our case, we want to delete our Facebook account permanently, so we will select delete account.
- Click on the Continue to account deletion button.
- Type in your password and confirm your account deletion.
Note that you can cancel the deletion of your account within 30 days. After 30 days, there is nothing you can do to get your account back.