Want to learn how to clear internal storage on Android? In this article, I will show you ten (10) different ways you can clear the internal storage of your Android phone.
These are a few ways you can clear the internal storage on your Android device:
- Uninstall apps that you no longer use. This is the easiest way to free up space on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Apps & notifications, select the app you want to uninstall, and tap “Uninstall.”
- Delete unnecessary files. You can use a file manager app to locate and delete large files that you no longer need, such as photos, videos, and documents.
- Clear the cache of your apps. The cache is temporary data that is stored by apps to help them run more smoothly. You can clear the cache for individual apps or for all apps at once by going to Settings > Storage > Cached data.
- Use a storage cleaning app. There are many apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you identify and delete unnecessary files and clear your device’s cache.
- Move files to an external storage device. If your device has a microSD card slot, you can move large files to the SD card to free up space on your internal storage.
- Factory reset your device. As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset to clear all data from your device and restore it to its original state. However, this will delete all of your personal data and installed apps, so be sure to back up your important files before proceeding. To factory reset your device, go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
- Use a storage optimization tool. Some Android devices come with built-in tools or apps that can help you identify and delete unnecessary files and clear your device’s cache. For example, Samsung devices have a “Device Care” feature in the Settings app that includes an “Optimize now” option to free up space.
- Transfer media files to the cloud. If you have a lot of photos, videos, and music on your device, you can save space by uploading these files to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Use a lightweight launcher. A launcher is an app that controls your device’s home screen and app drawer. Switching to a lightweight launcher can help you free up space by using less memory and resources.
- Use a “lite” version of apps. Many popular apps have “lite” versions that are designed to use less space and resources. You can try using these versions instead of the full-featured apps to save space on your device.