Has someone hacked your Facebook account or is it being used without your consent?
You will need to wait 60 days to change your name back if someone sneaked into your account and did so. Facebook’s rules state that you can’t change your name once more until 60 days have passed.
A change in marital status, a legal name change, or even a simple error might all cause you to change your name on Facebook.
In this guide, we will be looking at how you can change your name on Facebook if the need arises.
How To Change Your Name On Facebook
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of Facebook.
- After selecting Settings & privacy, scroll down and tap Settings.
- Please select Personal and Account Information.
- Select Name.
- After entering your name, select Review Change.
- Tap Save changes after entering your password.
Reasons why you can’t change your name on Facebook
However there are some instances where you might not be able to change your name on Facebook and below are some of the reasons.
- If your name doesn’t adhere to Facebook’s name policy, it can be difficult for you to change it.
- You recently changed your name, or you made too many attempts to do so.
- On Facebook, you were previously prompted to verify your name.
- The name on an item from Facebook’s ID list does not match the name on your account.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.