An excellent tool for making visually appealing and powerful presentations is Google Slides. Including visuals that support your thoughts and message is one method to improve your presentation. To make your photographs more engaging and instructive, you might wish to alter or adjust them occasionally. Filters are helpful in this situation. Filters are modifications that can be made to a photograph to alter its mood or appearance.
We will look at how to use filters on images in Google Slides in this guide.
How To Apply Filters To The Pictures In Google Slides
Follow the steps below to see how you can apply filters to the pictures in Google slides.
Step 1: Insert the Image
A photo must first be added to your Google Slides presentation before any filters can be applied.
How to do it:
- Launch your presentation in Google Slides.
- The slide where you wish to insert the image should be clicked.
- Click the Insert tab and choose Image.
- Whether it comes from your computer, Google Drive, or an online search, decide where the image came from.
- Choose the image, then select Insert.
Step 2: Apply filters
After inserting the image, you can edit it with numerous filters. Take these actions:
- To choose an image, click on it.
- Right half of the screen should open to reveal the Format options window. If not, select the Format options icon (which resembles a paint roller) in the top right corner of the screen.
- When you reach the Adjustments section, scroll down.
- In the drop-down menu, select Add filter.
- The filters will be listed. Decide the one you wish to use for your image.
Step 3: Changing the filters
You can modify the appearance of your image using the slider controls after applying a filter to it. Depending on the filter you choose, some controls may be slightly different for each one. Some of the most popular controls are listed below:
- Brightness: This parameter modifies the image’s overall brightness.
- Contrast: Using this parameter, you can change how much of the image is light or dark.
- Saturation: This setting modifies the image’s colour saturation.
- Temperature: Using this option, you can warm up or cool down the image’s colour temperature.
- Transparency: This control modifies the image’s opacity to change how transparent it is.
- To change these settings, simply slide the sliders left or right until you get the desired result. Additionally, you can experiment with various filter and adjustment combinations to produce original and striking photographs.
Step 4: Save Changes
Make care to save your modifications after applying and customising the filter to your desire. This is how to do it:
- To choose an image, click on it.
- On the right side of the screen, the Format options window ought still still be active.
- To save any filter adjustments you make, click the Apply button.
- By clicking on the X in the top right corner of the Format options panel, you can close it.
To interest your audience and make your content more memorable, include photos in your Google Slides presentation. To stand out, an image could occasionally require a little extra assistance. Filters are helpful in this situation. It’s simple to apply filters to your photos, and the effects may be amazing. Just keep in mind to update the filters as desired and save your modifications before going on to the following slide. You may improve your Google Slides presentations by following these tips.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.