Each year, the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) receives applications from potential recruits.
These applications are mostly published in the national dailies, however, few people get the opportunity to grab these papers leaving many people with unanswered questions.
Well, if you have answers concerning the recruitment services of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), then this article is the right one for you as we will be discussing how to go about your GIS application from start to finish.
How to Purchase GIS recruitment forms
Before you can get into the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), you must first apply and the first stage of the application is to purchase an application form. The forms are sold for GHC 100 and they come in the form of an Electronic Voucher. The form can be purchased from the various branches of the GCB Bank Ltd branches across the country.
How to Pay for GIS application forms with Mobile Money
It is noteworthy that it is not every town in Ghana that has a GCB Bank Ltd branch, so the GIS has a short code through which potential recruits can buy their forms. Using the USSD short code, you can pay for the form using your mobile money wallet. To use this feature, do the following;
- Dial *422*473# on your phone
- Kindly follow the prompt in order to allow payment through your mobile money wallet and this can be done on all mobile networks
- After paying successfully, you will receive your Serial Number & Pincode via SMS
How to Create Account on GIS portal
The next step in your application process is to create an account. To create an account, visit the URL, . When it opens, enter the Serial Number and Pin Code that you received after making the payment for your forms.
How to Login to GIS portal
To login, just visit and enter the serial number and pin code.
How To Apply for GIS recruitment
Applying for GIS recruitment can be done through the following steps;
- Visit the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Recruitment Portal using the URL,
- Enter the e-voucher serial and pin code details
- Proceed to select the preferred branch and enter your Bio and Educational data
- You would be required to upload a passport-sized picture of dimension (200×180) pixels
- After completing the application, print out a copy of the application summary report, which contains details of your Applicant Identification (ID Number) and other relevant data.
Ghana Immigration Service Body Selection
During the screening process which is part of the GIS application process, a favorable body is considered. Below are some of the things they look out for during this process;
- Abdominal area
- How applicants walk
- How applicants can squat or bend down
- Applicants May be asked to raise their hands or perform a few gestures
- Haircut (for Males)