In today’s article guide, I would like to educate you on What is a Blog, Blogging and Types of Blogging Platform for 2021.
What Is A Blog?
According to Wikipedia, a weblog, weblog or simply a blog, as they are known are an easy-to-use website (no HTML required),where you can quickly post thoughts, publish writing and interact with people. Such a website would typically be accessible to any Internet user.
What Is Blogging?
According to Wikipedia, A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.
Let me tell you one fact, there is no particular definition for blogging, every blogger has his/her own personal meaning or understanding of what a blog is, but before I tell you my own definition of what blogging means, I will let you hear from fellow bloggers in Nigeria on what they refer to as blogging.
Who Is A Blogger?
There can be numerous definition for a blogger online. To me as the founding editor of ICT Catalogue, I can say a blogger is someone who manages everyday activities of a particular blog effectively.
A blogger is someone who writes regularly for an online journal or website. A political blogger might provide weekly commentary on current events. A personal blogger keeps a website which may include diary-like entries, photographs, and links to other sites.
What Bloggers Have To Say About Blogging
This is all that bloggers have to say about what is means in blogging in the world of blogosphere.
- “It is a publication of personal thoughts and events, experiences, etc. It can also be defined as posting of contents on a blog such as weblog, online journals. etc”… Azubuike S. Ikedionu – www.silvaniblog.com
- In one word, BLOGGING is nothing but a group of words to inform, educate, inspire, instruct, criticize, and entertain”… Peter Creativewritingmachine Emu – www.creativewritingmachine.com
- “Nowadays Blogging is anything you do on a blogging platform.”… Ikenna Odinaka – Owner of www.afterschoolafrica.com a scholarship Blog
Okay, a lot has been said by fellow bloggers and they all defined “blogging” in there own word. So let me now tell more about what a blog is.
- Blog, an abbreviated version of “weblog,” is a term used to describe web sites that maintain an ongoing chronicle of information.
- Blogs range from the personal to the political, and can focus on one narrow subject or a whole range of subjects.
- Many blogs focus on a particular topic, such as web design, home staging, sports, entertainment or mobile technology.
Some are more eclectic, presenting links to all types of other sites.
And others are more like personal journals, presenting the author’s daily life and thoughts and some are just for plan business websites.
By now, you should be able to grab one or two things from the various definitions stated earlier above and should now be able to tell someone what a blog is and what blogging means.
Different Blogging Platforms Available
There are so many blogging platforms available below are few of them.
- Blogger (blogspot)
- Live Journal
I believe at this Junction (J) Time (T) You now understand what we mean by the term blog, blogging and the type of blogging form available for you online.
Hope article this helps, Kindly share with friends, colleague and family. But don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to read more of this. You can also use the below box to add your comment or view or even ask question.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.