Universities Offering Cyber Security Courses in Ghana
Are you having the intention of studying cyber security in some of the Universities in Ghana but don’t know any University that offers this kind of course? Worry not because we will show you some of the Universities that offer cyber security as a course in Ghana.
Cybersecurity is the defense against cyber threats for systems linked to the internet, including their hardware, software, and data. Individuals and businesses both utilize this technique to prevent illegal access to data centers and other digital systems.
Throughout this write-up, we are going to show you some of the Universities you can offer cyber security as a course.
Table of Contents
Cyber Security Universities in Ghana
Accra Institute of Technology
Accra Institute of Technology is an independent-focused university & Ghana’s premier university. There are many courses offered at this university where cyber security is not excluded.
MSc in Cyber Security at All Nations University
The program’s objectives are to provide participants with the information and skills they need in various key areas of cybersecurity, as well as a thorough and in-depth grasp of security concepts, real-world security procedures, and pertinent cybersecurity challenges.
- A good first degree with at least a 2nd Class Lower division from an accredited institution; students with an accredited undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, MIS, IT, or other related fields.
- In exceptional cases, applicants with 3rd Class Division who are already employed in program-related fields, with relevant work experience, and demonstrate the capacity to cope with the program may be considered for admission. Such applicants must write and pass a selection examination and an interview organized by the Graduate School.
- Applicants with professional qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology in good standing may be considered for admission.
MSc Cyber-Security and Digital Forensic at KNUST
At the time of application, applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in
Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer or Telecommunication Engineering, or equivalent qualification in a Science or
Engineering-related discipline from a recognized institution. Preference will be given to applicants with a First Class or Second Class Division.
IPMC Cyber Training Centre
Numerous information security specialists are routinely trained around Africa by IPMC. The main technical certification organization for cyber security professionals, the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), awards certification to IPMC graduates who specialize in cyber security.
- Risk and Vulnerability
- Cyber Security Principles
- Incident Response
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Information Security (IS) with Lifestyle Management
How Long is Cyber Security School in Ghana?
Most universities require 3 or 4 years to complete a bachelor’s degree in cyber security. The duration of a master’s program in cyber security is one to two years. Cybersecurity Ph.D. programs last three to five years.
Career Opportunities for Cyber Security Experts
- IT Security Engineer
- Chief Information Security Office
- Penetration Tester
- Security Systems Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
Cyber Security Skills
Networking and System Administration
- A profession in cybersecurity requires a thorough grasp of networking. Understanding the technical components of data transfer can help you safeguard your data since you will have a better understanding of networking. It is advised to pursue networking certifications like the Cisco CCNA and CompTIA Security+.
- Learning system administration is a further ability that will be useful for you. Computer configuration and upkeep are the only topics covered. You must have a keen mind to explore all of your computer’s options and functions.
Network Security Control
- The term “network security control” refers to the various techniques used to increase a network’s security. You must understand how your network functions as well as how routers, firewalls, and other devices operate. A firewall is a piece of hardware or software that prevents your computer from receiving or sending traffic from the internet. You must use a firewall as a cybersecurity professional to filter and stop illegal traffic from entering the network.
- You also need to be familiar with remote access, virtual private networks (VPNs), intrusion detection systems, and intrusion prevention systems. You should, for instance, use the IDS to monitor the network for malicious activity and security policy breaches.
- For public and hybrid cloud platforms like AWS and Azure, employers are searching for experts with security expertise. More businesses are turning to cloud computing infrastructure to store data and execute apps. This involves putting in place laws and technological safeguards for cloud-based devices and systems.
- Cloud security entails creating safe systems from the ground up, just as application development security. There is a significant need for people with expertise in operating large platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS, and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Blockchain is becoming more and more well-liked, in part because of how secure it is. Therefore, cybersecurity experts should educate themselves with blockchain and how it addresses security challenges. Think of it as getting ready for the future.
- Blockchain is projected to make security inroads into industries including mobile computing, supply chain integration, network control, and Internet of Things devices (more on this later).
- It’s challenging for hackers to infiltrate blockchain due of its complexity. A hacker would need to remove the data from every user whose computer is linked to the targeted global network in order to damage or destroy a blockchain.
This article contains universities that offers cyber security as a course in Ghana. However, we have also shown someof the career opportunities for cyber security expert.