Unisa second semester application dates and courses
Unisa second semester application dates and courses.
Very little time to apply
Applications will only be open from Monday, April 16 to Monday, April 23. So there is a very small window of time to apply for students wanting to start their studies in the second semester.
Students who apply this week and who are accepted will have to register at Unisa from June 11 to July 13, 2019.
Unisa courses are full
Unisa has announced that many of their courses already have the full complement of allowed students. So for these courses, they will not take applications and registrations in the second semester.
Some of the courses that are full are:
- Higher Certificate: Accounting Sciences
- Higher Certificate: Law
- Higher Certificate: ABET
- BA Degree
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- B.Ed Senior and FET Phases
- National Diploma: Management
- Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice
- LLB (Law)
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space.
- Everyone completing a Higher Certificate or Alternative Pathway / Extended Programme must apply for admission to the follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
What’s new for 2019?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application.
- Successful application: Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- Unsuccessful application: There are a number of reasons why your application may be unsuccessful, for example:
– Your application was incomplete.
– You did not pay the application fee by the closing date for applications.
– You do not meet the statutory and college admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice.
– There are limited spaces available for each qualification. Students are accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
What happens if I don’t accept Unisa’s offer?
- The university will withdraw your offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You will not be able to register for the 2019 academic year.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Useful Resource: How To Apply For UNISA 2020
Thank you for reading today and we hope you help us share this post on various social media sites and also drop your comment for more.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.